PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Sprint Network Problems with Signal / Data limit 5GB for EVDO Cells/Data Cards
Sprint Network Problems with Signal 7 70.00%
Data limit 5GB for EVDO Cells/Data Cards 3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: Sprint

radiototal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Huge signal problems in Sprint Network !!!! Please help !

I am living at 77056 ... Galleria area !!! I look on sprint.com for signal map coverage and they show full 5 bars ...best signal ...In reality at my home , second floor , open view to the sky ...EVDO no connection , and CDMA not even one bar.... I called SPRINT a few times about the situation and they don't even know what is the situation... After I spoke a few time in India to customer service finally made it at level 2 customer care in USA. I am explain again the situation ...NO SIGNAL .... they said ... your device is the problem ...I told her ..mam ..I have 3 PDA phones , one data card at my home and all acting the same way. No signal in my area .. and we talking about Houston Galleria. Also at my office at 77074 ... a few month ago full bars inside of my office , sprint cards there was working perfect .... and now the sprint cards they don't even connect on 1X and the cellphones from my office there going in roaming and when I am trying to dial I am getting a message with "welcome in American roaming , your phone is not register so please enter your credit card " ...and my plan is unlimited everything. I called sprint I told them the problem ....instead to resolve the problem they said is a device in sell for $99 connected to internet and have better signal over the internet. I think there are 2 points what we have to look over ...One ..sprint lower the signals in towers to make people to buy the device for $99 and in this way they make more money and also they take all calls over the internet and they realizing traffic over the towers ....In this case I need to cancel my contracts because i don't have a cell phone just to use it on freeway where is the only place with signal ....
I need help to find out how can I leave contract from sprint without to be charge the $200 . Legal I am right ....no service ...I can't pay ... I don't think so i have to pay up to 1000/ month when there is no signal ... especial on EVDO data cards ...Does someone knows a legal procedure how can I go out from this crazy situation ?
Thank you and I hope u guys not having this problem of the drop calls , no signal , no data ..and plus the data cards from unlimited like there was before they have now restriction to 5GB data transfer .... that's sucks
Thx
Old 09-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Huge signal problems in Sprint Network !!!! Please help !

maybe the storm had something to do with your recent poor signal.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

Ummm... Galleria area, as in Houston, Texas? Didn't you guys have a little storm that just rolled through there?

Dude, I'm surprised you're getting ANY service after Ike...

Old 09-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
maybe the storm had something to do with your recent poor signal.
Damn, beat me to it!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore

im having the same problem and they told me the same thing any ways off of sprint without etf would be great im not looking to steal but im not getting what they are supposed to and am sick of it
Old 09-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Let me speak up on the matter at hand due to the fact im from houston southwest myself. To RADIOTOTAL STFU MAN!!!! we just went through a hurricane that has f***** up damn near everything. Most of us on sprint cant get a signal in huge dead zones around the area. U act like its a conspiracy or something. Did sprint cause the hurricane too cuz? You need to be like the rest of us and hold it down until the utilities kick back on one by one. If its that serious why dont u roll ur way to an area that has some signal. AND ITS ALL A WEAK SIGNAL EVERYWHERE ANYWAY! Oh wait thats right theres a gas shortage so u probably arent rollin anyway. FLAME ON TO THE UNGRATEFUL!
Old 09-18-2008, 06:09 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
Let me speak up on the matter at hand due to the fact im from houston southwest myself. To RADIOTOTAL STFU MAN!!!! we just went through a hurricane that has f***** up damn near everything. Most of us on sprint cant get a signal in huge dead zones around the area. U act like its a conspiracy or something. Did sprint cause the hurricane too cuz? You need to be like the rest of us and hold it down until the utilities kick back on one by one. If its that serious why dont u roll ur way to an area that has some signal. AND ITS ALL A WEAK SIGNAL EVERYWHERE ANYWAY! Oh wait thats right theres a gas shortage so u probably arent rollin anyway. FLAME ON TO THE UNGRATEFUL!
calm down buddy

Old 09-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Im cool but the truth needs to be told. Its like 1.3 million people down here without power. There are still some areas where u have to boil ur water AND its a pain in the butt to get gas around here. Its either u have to wait or pay a certain way. Most tower structures like cell phones and power poles arent being repaired but service being rerouted around the damaged areas to get service. He needs to just wait and chill. Alot more people have REAL problems around here. Lets keep things in perspective around here.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Threadstarter

radiototal is a n00b

The Problem Is Before Ike ....ike Doesn't Have Anything To Do With My Blog Regarding Sprint. Thx All For Replay !
Old 09-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Stringer is a n00b

I've been having similar problems at my house in 77095 (NW Houston suburb) for several weeks. For me, it has nothing to do with Hurricane Ike. Many times when people try to call me, the phone will ring once and then lose the signal.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives