PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Vogue (6900) Touch
Carrier: Verizon

Sobsmb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Must be me, Vogue GPS Question

Ok I must be missing something here, I've searched and searched, tried and tried, yet I can not get the gps to work on my phone what-so-ever. Maybe I'm being stupid and not finding that it still requires an external GPS reciever but I can't find where it says it.

Here is the info on my device. If I go into diag mode I have:

VOGU100 MFG
SPL-2.31.Coke
CPLD-3

Radio Version: 3.37.78
Rom Version: 3.14.605.1
(Official Version MR1 Update)

Every place I read it says I just need to install the Valhalla_Legends_GPSServer.cab, turn location to ON and I should be good to go. In Schaps_AdvancedConfig_v2.0.2.0 it shows that AGPS is turned On. But I can never get a fix, lock or anything. Am I just stupid here or am I missing something I need to do. I do have a external Bluetooth GPS reciever but would prefer NOT to use it.

I tried one of the custom kitchen roms, and still no go.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Jason
Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Must be me, Vogue GPS Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobsmb View Post
Ok I must be missing something here, I've searched and searched, tried and tried, yet I can not get the gps to work on my phone what-so-ever. Maybe I'm being stupid and not finding that it still requires an external GPS reciever but I can't find where it says it.

Here is the info on my device. If I go into diag mode I have:

VOGU100 MFG
SPL-2.31.Coke
CPLD-3

Radio Version: 3.37.78
Rom Version: 3.14.605.1
(Official Version MR1 Update)

Every place I read it says I just need to install the Valhalla_Legends_GPSServer.cab, turn location to ON and I should be good to go. In Schaps_AdvancedConfig_v2.0.2.0 it shows that AGPS is turned On. But I can never get a fix, lock or anything. Am I just stupid here or am I missing something I need to do. I do have a external Bluetooth GPS reciever but would prefer NOT to use it.

I tried one of the custom kitchen roms, and still no go.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Jason
The Verizon aGPS server isn't working. Read my post from here. You need to use Telus aGPS settings. Let me know if you need more help...
Old 04-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Sobsmb is a n00b

Ok I did a hard reset to my phone, and did everthing in the instructions minus the ip change (QPST edits), Turned Location to ON, downloaded Google maps, and it just sits there saying "Seeking GPS Satellites (0)" All settings in Google maps and in the external GPS in the phone are default which if I read correctly is what its supposed to be.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Ok I did a hard reset to my phone, and did everthing in the instructions minus the ip change (QPST edits), Turned Location to ON, downloaded Google maps, and it just sits there saying "Seeking GPS Satellites (0)" All settings in Google maps and in the external GPS in the phone are default which if I read correctly is what its supposed to be.
You have to install Valhalla cab, you need to install Serf Telus aGPS for Valhalla cab, you dont' need QPST, location should be on, external GPS should be port 4, you need QuickGPS and run it to get sat locations, then dial *22899 and let reboot.

Then you need HTC Quick GPS (port 4, hot start, open, nav init). Let it sit 5-10 minutes while driving around (tap screen to keep alive). Watch the radar screen and see if you are picking up any sats.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkeller77 View Post
You have to install Valhalla cab, you need to install Serf Telus aGPS for Valhalla cab, you dont' need QPST, location should be on, external GPS should be port 4, you need QuickGPS and run it to get sat locations, then dial *22899 and let reboot.

Then you need HTC Quick GPS (port 4, hot start, open, nav init). Let it sit 5-10 minutes while driving around (tap screen to keep alive). Watch the radar screen and see if you are picking up any sats.

wow....thats a lot of crap to do. I feel lucky to have a Sprint vogue.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
wow....thats a lot of crap to do. I feel lucky to have a Sprint vogue.
LOL, you must not flash very often. This stuff takes a minute to do, most of us have flashed and tinkered for months if we were to stack the time end to end.

It is not so tough if you are running a custom rom. Plus these are EXTRA steps for Valhalla people who cannot lock.

You are right that it is better running Sprint for a lot of reasons, only downside for me is coverage. If Sprint's coverage was decent on the West Coast I would change in a minute. I had them for the first few weeks out here and lost a million calls; since their coverage map hasn't changed since then, no reason to switch. I wish I could have the 99 everything plan.

Last edited by joshkeller77; 04-08-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
LOL, you must not flash very often. This stuff takes a minute to do, most of us have flashed and tinkered for months if we were to stack the time end to end.

It is not so tough if you are running a custom rom. Plus these are EXTRA steps for Valhalla people who cannot lock.

You are right that it is better running Sprint for a lot of reasons, only downside for me is coverage. If Sprint's coverage was decent on the West Coast I would change in a minute. I had them for the first few weeks out here and lost a million calls; since their coverage map hasn't changed since then, no reason to switch. I wish I could have the 99 everything plan.
Honestly, i'm too afraid to flash my phone. I know, i know....i spend a lot of time on this forum and i'm lame. However, good coverage map or not, i work at radioshack so i get unlimited everything for 20 bucks a month
Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Sobsmb is a n00b

Quote:

Still no go, Tried for about 20 min while I was outside. Does this require a custom rom?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Still no go, Tried for about 20 min while I was outside. Does this require a custom rom?
No, you do not. Could be the phone itself, but using a custom rom would rule out any user error. I would personally start from scratch and do everything clean. It is sometimes tough with some installations, and wiping and starting over can help. Sorry this has been so tough for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Sobsmb is a n00b

Quote:
No, you do not. Could be the phone itself, but using a custom rom would rule out any user error. I would personally start from scratch and do everything clean. It is sometimes tough with some installations, and wiping and starting over can help. Sorry this has been so tough for you.
Unfortunatly this is the 5th time I've restarted, hard reset, reinstall, etc. I really don't want to go through that again. I know I've got to be missing something stupid. I just wish I knew what it was. For now I'll just fall back to my external GPS and maybe try it again sometime. I did install a custom rom yesterday, but don't have the time right now to keep doing it to get the settings the way I want it. Besides being a noob at custom roms I find it a bit confusing as to the best things to install.

Thanks for the help thus far.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue