PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verison

ydoggy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6900 GPS Rev A upgrade help!

Hello... I'm pretty new to this and am struggling weeding out the Verizon issues and help out of all of these threads. Especially since there is a lot of weight to the Sprint version. I've read nearly all of the threads on flashing and radios and such, but am still confused. Sorry if my terminology is not correct. But I need some help.

I have a functional phone with problems:
-I get the Verizon splash screen
-GPS works
-A-key has been reset via Verizon tech support
-Constantly roaming phone coverage
-No data/internet (I have an unlimited data plan)
-Get an error code: 1020 error referencing Sprint (remember I have Verizon)when accessing internet apps

Following my best guess from the various threads and sources I did the following:
-Ultimately I unlocked successfully using IMCokeMan's unlocker 2.3.1 (by the way is this the Chief Engineer at HTC or something?)
-Installed (flashed?) the radio 3.37.15, except I accidentally let the Sprint Customization run.... I'm wondering if this is my problem
-Installed (flashed?)the OMJ's Verizon rom and seemed to be just fine
-Had some errors and read the threads regarding reseting the A-key. I called Verizon and they reset the A-key. I have the ability for incoming and outgoing calls, but it indicates that I am roaming.

First of all if anyone can make any recommendations on what I can do please help.

Some additional questions:
-I'm a bit nervous to retry the process since I'm not sure if I need to re-unlock with the 2.3.1 unlocker... I tried to rerun the 3.37.15 radio, but was received an error when flashing. Is there a way I can restart from scratch?
-Is my phone working correctly, but just need some adjustments in the phone settings from Verizon?

I previously had a XV6700 and used this site to flash to the WM 6 Rom and absolutely loved it. Decided to upgrade my phone to the XV6900 due to the GPS... I would love this phone too, if I could only get it to work as I had hoped.

Thanks in advance. In addition thanks for all of the developers that have done so much awesome work!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900

sanderz6900 is a n00b
Re: XV6900 GPS Rev A upgrade help!

how do you know if you're roaming or not?

I flashed all the same things as you did.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ydoggy is a n00b

Thanks for your input on this.

I guess I need to add some new developments from the things I tried last night (boy if we could only be paid for all of the time and effort researching, trial/error, troubleshooting!):
-Since I could not reflash the GPS radio to the 3.37 to make sure that I avoid the Sprint customization (this is what I thought may be the problem since I have Verizon), I tried different things to the WM6.1 Rom side of it.
-Reflashed given the OMJ Verizon oem as well as the customized with the same results (GPS works, phone works with no A-key resetting, still roaming, no data)
-I cooked my own rom to the 3.02 RUU that has the latest additions for Verizon. This seemed to have worked to some degree. I still have gps, no resetting of A-key, phone works, DATA NOW WORKS, but I am still roaming.

I guess I am very happy at this point since my phone is functional to my expectations. There only two minor issues:

-I am still what appears to be roaming. By roaming I mean there is the triangle at the top of the screen (next to where it indicates your data speed EVDO vs. 1x). I also get periodic messages that ask me if I want to proceed while roaming charges may apply. These pop up when I run certain internet applications (I think when it dials out #777) as well as when I receive some phone calls. In addition I am monitoring my Verizon account to see if I have any erroneous charges... so far none. This may just be a setting on my phone at this point in time. When I have a chance I'll give Verizon a call.

-I have been reading some of the posts of GPS lock speeds (time it take for triangulation). Although my GPS does in fact work with Google maps, Live Search etc with priming from GPSviewer, I do see that it is relatively slow. By slow I mean about 2-3 minutes for a lock in a hot start condition. By this I mean that I have not changed positions from my previous lock... on GPS devices this usually takes 20sec or so. I haven't read up on this in too much detail since I was so excited that the GPS worked. I'll follow up on this aspect of it now.

Again just minor issues and beggars can't be choosers... I'm excited with my new phone! I'm just exhausted from all of the thread research! I do agree with some of the posts that a Verizon based sticky would be a good idea.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: verizon

ROKWELL is just getting started

congrats on you getting your vzw touch upgraded and fully functional. i also had some issues early on and up until this week after i flashed vetvitos rom, everything seems to be going smooth for the last 3 days! no resets or anything!
i do agree that it does seem like there are quite a few people having problems with the vzw touch and flashing it with no solid "tutorial" for it!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

mwfielder is just getting started

1. Go to phone, options, services tab, tap Network settings, tap settings, and see if the Home only button is pressed. That's how mine is (and works fine).

2. I assume you have tried *228, option 1 again....
Old 06-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ydoggy is a n00b

mwfielder - I haven't tried item 1 on your reply. And when I do so, I get no signal when setting my phone to 'Home Only'. So maybe I still do have a problem with roaming? But either way my phone/data/gps work so I'm temporarily content.

I haven't done #2 since I reflashed on the cooked rom, so I tried it. Didn't seem to do anything with respect to the first item nor the roaming thing.

I have a hard time figuring out if this stuff if rom upgrade related or if it's phone service related since I reset a bunch of things upgrading the rom. I still haven't had a chance to call Verizon... I'll do this here shortly.

Thanks for your input!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work

from what i have read i would have to say your problems are becuase of letting the customization run on the sprint rom
Old 06-08-2008, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

Huskerfan is just getting started

have you tried *228 option 2? It updates your roaming capabilities.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ydoggy is a n00b

So I tried calling Verizon CS and they weren't much help on this issue. Of course I had to play stupid on the radio/rom upgrade and just told them that I had some strange roaming issue. This was on two separate calls.

I have also tried the *228 thing on both options 1 and 2. No change

I have monitored my Cell phone bill to see if I have any erroneous charges and it's still posting standard usage.

I'm debating whether to do anything or not since my phone functions just fine and this seems to be more of an annoyance.

So if I do decided to fix it one day and it is due to me running the Sprint customization at the radio upgrade. Can I rerun the 2.31 unlocker, rerun the radio upgrade, and then flash to my preferred ROM? I'm just weary of running the unlocker and any other radio upgrades from some of the posts that I'm reading. It seems as though this is where most people brick their phones.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:15 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Search here you need to run the radio refurbish cab from the stock xv6900 extended rom to fix the roaming indicator. However VZW's plans are no roam just your phone thinks its a sprint phone using vzw's towers hence the roam icon. Link to cab file is http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...furbish&page=4 here in post #33

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 06-08-2008 at 01:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue