PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Text message ringtones?

Is there any way to have different ringtones for different people when they text?

Also is it normal for the whole song to play? I set one of my mp3s as my text ringtone and even though i had read and even replied to the text the song finished playing.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work
Re: Text message ringtones?

u have to convert the mp3 to wav format
just download a mp3 converter..also u want to get a ringtone editor(just google it) and
cut the songs to the length u prefer.
then u convert the mp3 to wav format by simply just suncing ur phone and getting the mp3 and converting it with the program on ur computer.

ringtone editor works for phone. Mp3 convertor for computer
Old 05-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks, but i dont think that addressed either of my questions. I know how to edit audio files. Why would you say i have to convert it to a wav file? those are much bigger than an mp3.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work

because for text messages on ur phone..the audio files arent mp3.. there wave files..if u convert a audio file to wav format then go inside ur phone under text message audio u are only going to see the audio in wav format.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

regular ringtones support mp3..
but text message ringtones support wave format.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Htownhustler6969 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Htownhustler6969 Send a message via MSN to Htownhustler6969 Send a message via Yahoo to Htownhustler6969

Does anyone have a ringer that might suit the hitman theme...Perhaps something to do with guns firing or something along those lines...
Old 05-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeslumz View Post
I have five mp3s in my text message settings drop down list right now.

but they are all full songs and i dont want to have to edit my mp3s down to the exact five seconds of the song that i want. ok as for the main question... ANYone know if there is a way to get different text ringtones for different contacts?
Old 05-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279

Quote:
because for text messages on ur phone..the audio files arent mp3.. there wave files..if u convert a audio file to wav format then go inside ur phone under text message audio u are only going to see the audio in wav format.
Quote:
Negative. If you put an mp3 file in the Windows directory (\Windows) you can use it for Text Messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrito View Post
I have five mp3s in my text message settings drop down list right now.

but they are all full songs and i dont want to have to edit my mp3s down to the exact five seconds of the song that i want. ok as for the main question... ANYone know if there is a way to get different text ringtones for different contacts?
You'll have to edit the mp3 to the length you want. And even if you read the text, reply, etc. It'll still play the whole length. Thats WM for ya And no, no one has found a way to set text ringtones for individual contacts, not possible. At least no yet
Old 05-21-2008, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

jdw7985 is becoming a great contributor

Theres a few programs out there. Photo Contacts, Mortaring(SP)..I personally use Ringo and it plays about 5 to 7 seconds of any format song for text and calls....I have a different ringer for each contacts text
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Touch

AlreadyKnown is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to AlreadyKnown Send a message via Yahoo to AlreadyKnown

hmmmm...I didnt even know you can make a custom ringer for text...This site is lovely...=D
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue