PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint still having GPS problems? Try this!

imneveral0ne, hat is because you are on sprint. Everything we have been ralking bout for the last 60 or so posts is for non sprint users
Old 06-01-2008, 11:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

NFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to NFSFAN

I would try soft-reseting everytime, it could possibly save you some time from running PPST.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

sputnikkk is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
I think this should be the easiest way to get it all working from scratch
1)Obtain your MSL
2) Download, install and run the sprint ppst
3)Find the leaked sprint EPST, and add the ##786 to your registry. I am building a cab to do this, but its not done yet. For now, flash the Sprint leaked rom before step 2, then carry on with the procedure
3)##786# and click menu>reset. Enter your MSL
4)*22803 or *228>option 2
5)*22803 or *228>option 1
6)flash your desired rom
Damn it!!! I flashed to OMJ Verizon Full Custom ROM between steps #3 and 4 !!! I thoughts thats what you suggested earlier.

Tried GPS Viewer App and got NO sats outside in the back yard with clear sky view [a little cloudy] Had GPS Viwer set to COm4 Baud 4800 ??? Sure I read that somewhere....

OK - so I need a new A Key - cant dial out and no Data Access

Last edited by sputnikkk; 06-01-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Lurker

jspesp is just getting started

Did *228 option 2 and 1 work? Or at least did the automated attendant say it downloaded successfully? I'm not sure about flashing to another rom between steps 3 and 4. Does the phone service say Verizon Wireless or roaming?

Forget for a second what rom's you've flashed so far. You ran ppst and then did a menu-reset in the reverse screen. Try flashing to a Verizon rom (omj's oem or custom), then try *228 option 2 then 1. Then see where you are.

Last edited by jspesp; 06-01-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
all ive done every time since i found the ppst cab is just run it, restart, and satelite works every time i try it
You're not alone. I've been saying the same thing here about the running of ppst which needed to be ran more than once for whatever reason. My first guess is that one of the 20 programs that I installed afterward may have altered something. No amount of resetting/taking battery out etc would get it working perfectly again. So I ran ppst again a few days ago and gps has worked great again like the first time.
No other changes necessary.
This is with Sprint and a major YMMV.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspesp View Post
Did *228 option 2 and 1 work? Or at least did the automated attendant say it downloaded successfully? I'm not sure about flashing to another rom between steps 3 and 4. Does the phone service say Verizon Wireless or roaming?

Forget for a second what rom's you've flashed so far. You ran ppst and then did a menu-reset in the reverse screen. Try flashing to a Verizon rom (omj's oem or custom), then try *228 option 2 then 1. Then see where you are.
Did that ...

*228 Options one and two - and it indicated it was updating the programming etc ... problem was they needed to reset something on their end to allow me to connect.

Broke downand called VZW ...

He gave me a new 26 digit A-Key to write down. Installed it. We tried all kinds f stuff. He was trippin cuz several things he tried should have worked on a stock phone no matter what - I was scrambling a little bit. He wanted me to send a SMS Pic message to myself to test the internet connectivity and the phone freakin reset itself - LOL - we both tripped. Dont know what he did to reset the data authentication on their end but he had to do that he said.

So ... now where are we? I have working phone at least ...

Last edited by sputnikkk; 06-02-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:27 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot View Post
You're not alone. I've been saying the same thing here about the running of ppst which needed to be ran more than once for whatever reason. My first guess is that one of the 20 programs that I installed afterward may have altered something. No amount of resetting/taking battery out etc would get it working perfectly again. So I ran ppst again a few days ago and gps has worked great again like the first time.
No other changes necessary.
This is with Sprint and a major YMMV.

whats a ymmv?
Old 06-02-2008, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

your mileage may vary
Old 06-02-2008, 12:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

1)Obtain your MSL
2) Download, install and run the sprint ppst. To run the installed PPST, run ppst.exe from the windows folder
3)Download and install the Sprint EPST
3)##786# and click menu>reset. Enter your MSL
4)*22803 or *228>option 2
5)*22803 or *228>option 1
6)flash your desired rom
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sprint EPST.zip (5.8 KB, 122 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip PPST_Sprint.zip (160.4 KB, 203 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ghettofreeryder; 06-02-2008 at 12:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
Here is the EPST cab, you now do not have to flash to the sprint test rom. All you need is the Sprint PPST, posted earlier, and this file
Just to confirm the steps:

1)Obtain your MSL
2) Download, install and run the sprint ppst
3)Install and run new PPST cabi from Ghetto
4)##786# and click menu>reset. Enter your MSL
5)*22803 or *228>option 2
6)*22803 or *228>option 1
7)flash your desired rom

If that is correct I will test this morning.

Steve
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development