PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 10:42 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint still having GPS problems? Try this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
I would not be sure, as I am not sure if the PATCH ran on the PPST.EXE included in that cab. I know that while running the customization it runs the patch on the PPST.EXE file BUT doesn't run the PPST.EXE once it's done. That's why you have to re-run the PATCHED PPST.EXE after your phone has completed and rebooted, from the patched file in the windows directory.

-CC
hmm ... well, and I am only on a search for the right (most complete and accurate) solution ...

If I decompose the sprint leaked *.NBH into a kitchen, the only file that includes PPST.exe is the cab that I uploaded.

Does the file exist in the windows folder if you DON'T run the Sprint customizations?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: Sprint

domotang is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Are you certain, have you tried this file on a non-updated phone? Have to make sure that the sprint customizations ran the patch on the ppst.exe file.

This file may be misleading if it's not the completely patched PPST.EXE result after the flash and complete run after reboot.

I would say use this attached file with caution until it's confirmed as being the same PPST.EXE.

-CC
It is NOT the same, however it does contain the PPST.EXE when extracted in windows. One of the extracted files will be named 0000PPST.007. Just rename this to PPST.EXE and copy to your phone's windows directory.

WOOPS!!! I Think I misread your post and my answer may not apply. I do know that the attached PPST.EXE hoses the PRL on the Alltel ROM.

Last edited by domotang; 05-14-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro

Matts4313 is a n00b

Used the cab on the previous page, unzipped, ran the cab on the phone, went into the windows folder, ran PPST.

I went from NOT being able to lock (I left it searching for about an hour lasst night) to getting a lock in under 20 seconds in my apartment with it raining outside - got 8 SATS. AMAZING!!!

This is on OMJ Custom rom
Old 05-14-2008, 10:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
hmm ... well, and I am only on a search for the right (most complete and accurate) solution ...

If I decompose the sprint leaked *.NBH into a kitchen, the only file that includes PPST.exe is the cab that I uploaded.

Does the file exist in the windows folder if you DON'T run the Sprint customizations?

The CAB extracted PPST.EXE file will not be the same file that is required to make the correct updates. As the Sprint Customizations run a PATCHED included in the the leaked ROMs on the PPST.EXE file. Resulting in an UPDATED/Patched PPST.EXE file. The CORRECT file only being found in your windows directory only after the phone has rebooted after a complete rom flash and full customizations ran.

Also as an aftter thought, it might be that PPST.EXE is not the only file needed, there might be other files included that the PATCHED PPST.EXE file then uses.

So best "short cut" here would be to Flash the Leaked Sprint ROM, let the customizations run and let it reboot your phone.

Since you probably missed the box asking if you want to update your radio, you will then have to go into your windows directory of your phone and find the hidden file PPST.EXE, which will be the end result of a patch, and run it.

It should, once completed, show your PRI updated to 2.03_003, your PRI to 60612 (if you hadn't done so previously) in your Phone Information screen.

This is the most straight forward method, and bypass, other short cut, or method, ends up in a dead end and you wind up having to back track and do it all over again.

Once you're done, you can run your favorite custom rom or build yourself one thru the kitchen, which should not disturb the radio/phone portion.

Just make sure you double check your phone information and see that the updates have been made.

-CC
Old 05-14-2008, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

johnnymac is just getting started

So let me get this straight, the PPST.exe simply updates the PRI? I checked and my PRI is the most updated one.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: SPRING

motorpsycho is just getting started

i flashed this yesterday all my locks are happening in less then a minute. even inside. This is the real deal! thanks much
Old 05-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

all i know is that I have flashed the leaked sorint ROM more than once (and then fkashed JD'd lite ROM over it and my PRI was still at 1.XXXXX. This morning I d/l'ed the cab above, ran it and then went into windows/ and taps PPST and it was updated to 2.XXXXXX. Now, now joke, I am getting satalites all over the place and quickly too...even in my office downtown I am getting 5=6 signals when before I couldn't get a lock at all (even with my BT puck!). So, this is definately the trick (fingers crossed its not a fluke but I've soft reset a few times and continue to get good performance...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

rodmann98 is just getting started

I did the same thing as you MAT23 and I am getting the same results. I had originally flashed to the leaked rom when it first came out. I then cooked my own rom with the kitchen and that is what I have been using. Today I have not been able to get a lock at all, until I ran this cab, it updated my pri and now I have a lock on six sats.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
all i know is that I have flashed the leaked sorint ROM more than once (and then fkashed JD'd lite ROM over it and my PRI was still at 1.XXXXX. This morning I d/l'ed the cab above, ran it and then went into windows/ and taps PPST and it was updated to 2.XXXXXX. Now, now joke, I am getting satalites all over the place and quickly too...even in my office downtown I am getting 5=6 signals when before I couldn't get a lock at all (even with my BT puck!). So, this is definately the trick (fingers crossed its not a fluke but I've soft reset a few times and continue to get good performance...

Thanks for the confirmation matthew. That makes it easier on folks that are happy with their phone as is and don't want to go thru the trouble of re-setting up.

-CC
Old 05-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

Well, its still early (and I have gotten excited before only to feel let down when the GPS didn't perform) but so far, so good. Thanks to Boggsie for posting that cab b/c I swear I had been trying to get my PRI to update and nothing worked until I ran that cab and went into the windows/ folder and tapped PPST....not sure what changed it (if just installing the cab did the trick) or if tapping PPST did it after I installed the cab...

One thing: after you tap PPST, you will lose radio reception. Then, I went into comm mananger, went into airplane mode and then turned the radio back on and I had radio again. You may need to soft reset to get radio again but mine was fine (no problems with roaming or anything else and my PRL was still 60612).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development