PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Tibman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

====> Go to a franchise sprint repair shop. NO HASSLE, no 21 questions, just tell them about the problems you have had with the TP and they will offer you either a replacemnt of a Palm Pre, Blackberry, or if they have it available the TP2. They did not even plug in my TP to testing equipment, they took my word for it and offered me a replacement.

I recommend the Palm Pre because after nearly a year of availability, the only complaint I have found is "it can be a bit sluggish at times" HA, the TP and TP2 are "a bit sluggish" more than it works!

"Yesterday it worked, Today it does not, a Hard Reset is in your Future"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4C6a3bmFs&NR=1 <----- worth the 2.23 min
Old 01-18-2010, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

internetaffairs is becoming a great contributor

ok. rep just told me he ordered me a refurb TP2.

anyone recently been told that they would receive a refurb TP2 from sprint...and receivied a NIB instead?

los angeles area btw!!! finally! pm me if you wanna know where.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:43 AM
Lurker

toast47 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetaffairs View Post
ok. rep just told me he ordered me a refurb TP2.

anyone recently been told that they would receive a refurb TP2 from sprint...and receivied a NIB instead?

los angeles area btw!!! finally! pm me if you wanna know where.
I'm in th la area trying hard to get a tp2. Where?
Old 01-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Lurker

circuit breaker is a n00b

YAY I am getting a TP2!!!!

Here is how my story went:
Bought my 1st TP December 08. Keyboard issues cropped up late 09. The store is 45 minutes from here, I tried to go there for service but left after 30 minutes waiting, I left. I work 70-80 hours a week, I have no time to spare for this shit after driving 30 minutes. Anyways. I call Sprint. The argue about my locality to a service center and relucantly mail me an advance exchange TP. I get the refurb and while the soft key panel is flush/flat with the screen, there is a bit of looseness/play to the sliding hinge that makes any button pressing in the upper left move the screen. You may see it as nit picky, whatever, its that expensive, it should not be a nuisance to use . They said take the phone into a repair center. turns out it wasn't one after I waited 45 minutes.... and the location of where the repair center IS? an hour away. I went home and called again.. polite but told them my frustrating story.

TP2 is on its way.

And there was much rejoicing.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sk8rjess is just getting started
Smile Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stook View Post
Sharing my success story, hopefully I can help others.

To start, I had my original Touch Pro (first ones off the line, right when they came out) replaced with a refurb. one because of chrome cracking issues. The replacement operated fine for a while, but it would overheat, I would miss calls because when someone called it would freeze, and the keyboard would type sporadic crap that I wasn't even typing sometimes (lots of lag too). I called 2-3 months ago when this thread opened but success level had died down. I explained my problems and they told me they would replace it with another touch pro, bb curve, pre, snap, blah blah but no TP2. I told them I wanted the TP2 they said too bad.

Today, I read peoples successes so I decided to call again since my TP is just driving me bonkers, and I hear how happy everyone is with their TP2 (makes me sick). I called Technical Support Tier 2: 888-211-4727, however I don't think it was really "technical support" since it was the same crappy menu (1-5 what is your problem). The lady answered VERY QUICKLY FLUENT in English. I emphasize this because my pass experience has been with outsourced customer service along with 20 min wait time. She answered, "employee service customer service" ... shocked I said I'm not sure how I got here I was looking for technical support (I have SERO btw, so maybe when I entered my number they put me to employee service). I explained my issue to her and she said she would gladly transfer me to tech support ... I rolled my eyes and thanked her. Again the transfer took all but 30 seconds (NO WAITING) and I talked to Krysta another English fluent customer service representative. She asked "what's wrong with the phone?", I told her I had issues 3 months ago and was offered a replacement phone for my issues (listed the issues). However, the phone choices back then were not satisfactory so I decided not to waste anyone's time or money; I'm calling back to see if their offering anything new this year. She said she was sorry but the only thing they could do was offer me advanced replacement which would get me a refurbished phone. I said I would gladly take a refurb phone since my current touch pro was refurbed by them as well, as long as I was upgraded and not getting another TP. She told me to hold while she processed the A-ticket. At this point she did a lot of typing and not a lot of talking, so much quiet that I thought I had the all too similar Sprint hung up on me. I asked if she was still there and she said yes, please standby while I figure out how to process your a-ticket. She asked what address I wanted to ship my replacement to, I said can you tell me what you're shipping me before you process it, she said no because she won't see the options until later. I said ok and she asked for a couple minutes for manager approval, I held. She came back and listed A LOT OF OPTIONS ... TP, Pre, Snap, BB Curve, TP2, Infernal, blah blah blah ... I quickly said TP2 please. She said ok, told me I should be receiving an e-mail confirming everything. I did ... so now I wait and see what comes!!!

Good luck all. Things I learned from today and the past failures. I was nice an polite. I recommend using the number I provided. I recommend being persistent, but don't call everyday or even every week because they makes notes every time you call (previously they said are you calling for the same reason you did yesterday?).

IF Sprint follows through and sends me the TP2, I would say I'm a satisfied customer. I started with SERO '07 HTC Mogul, bought myself the Touch Pro using a 2 year upgrade after 1 year of having the Mogul ... how I don't know but it was done through Best Buy. I've had the TP for over a year and now they're replacing it because they know it's bad. I hope they keep their customer service like I experienced today ... fast, english speaking, and helpful.
called that number today. i spoke with a foreign lady but she spoke english pretty decent and she wanted me to take the phone into a store. i explained last time i tried that i had no help. then she asked if i'd like to speak with tech and then she transfered me. i spoke with Craig and he was extremely nice.
the tp2 should be here by wed
Old 01-18-2010, 05:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: LG Rumor>Htc Touch Pro>Htc Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

milocas is a n00b

Well went to sprint today, and they've got my TP2! It's much better than the TP1. Much fast, and much more stable.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero

bradgordie is a n00b

I should be getting my TP2 soon!!! Went to a repair center today and she asked if I would like my TP1 replaced with a TP2. I said sure why not. I got a confirmation e-mail for my replacement, I just can't find where to track the status on Sprint's website. Anyone have a link?
Old 01-18-2010, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Hero

rodcpierce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rodcpierce Send a message via Yahoo to rodcpierce

just got my refurb today! Looks brand new. But only came with the phone and battery. No accessories. Oh well, no biggy!!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

B3GV is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradgordie View Post
I should be getting my TP2 soon!!! Went to a repair center today and she asked if I would like my TP1 replaced with a TP2. I said sure why not. I got a confirmation e-mail for my replacement, I just can't find where to track the status on Sprint's website. Anyone have a link?
try sprint.com/phonereplacementtracking
Old 01-18-2010, 07:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hero

bradgordie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3GV View Post
try sprint.com/phonereplacementtracking
Found that and tried it. Did a chat and they told me that there is no tracking online when a store does a replacement. He said I would have to call the store to check the status.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro