PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please, I'm beggin, explain what I'm doing wrong

Okay seriously I'm at my wits end deadass. Like I really don't know what it is I'm doing wrong that keeps "killing" my TPs. It seems that I will be replacing my Touch Pro for the FOURTH(count 'em 4!!) time!!

Like seriously WTF b, this makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Quick run down of my past Touch Pros

1st one) Keyboard died. /Bought 12/08
2nd one) Rainbow on middle of screen from a detached digitizer, thanks a lot resistive touch screens
3rd one) All the colors in my phone are bugged out, I turned on my phone and everything was Purple and Neon Green! I literally had to smack it real hard and everything goes back to normal. The tech told me it was the ribbons but could not do anything and gave me another.

All the Touch Pro's I have ever had were all BRAND NEW, none refurbished (I have so many headphones/stylii/3 in one adaptors it's not even funny!) and here I am on my fourth TP that I receieved 3 weeks ago and the keyboard is f'ing up again. Doing ooonnneeee offff theeeeeeeeeeese like my first one did for a few weeks before dying. It's so bad that half the time the keyboard doesn't even work, this started like 3 days ago and has gotten progressively worse.

I installed Fingerkeyboard (man that **** rocks seriously, everyone should try it) and it's on point.

Like look I baby the **** out of all of these phones but they don't seem to last, they are all kept away from extreme heat/moisture/cold, I have a hard case on them with a screen protector. I never sat on it, put it in a pocket with keys, or dropped it not even one time.

I know what I'm doing I had a Mogul for a whole year that was still running strong the day I sold it, not one issue ever and kept it in pristine condition, I even pretended to drop it just to see how it felt...I ended up catching it anyway lol

I love the TP (when it works) and Windows Mobile but what's going on?!

On a different note, my cousin who's had his TP since November has dropped his countless times, and even runs a stock rom (eww) and it works perfectly fine but mine that I keep by my side like a bad chick is the ones giving me issues, should I start throwing mine on the floor and letting beer spill on it for it to continue to work?

I need help, suggestions, anything!
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 07-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Please, I'm beggin, explain what I'm doing wrong

im on my 5th or 6th one
Old 07-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Good to see I'm not alone. Seriously though, I love Sprint and I basically can't get any other phone. The Pre require a change of plan that I can't do. I'm on a retentions plan that has all kinds of perks that I would lose if I switched plans, Nights and Weekends starting at 5PM...and a Blackberry requires a new data plan.The new Tour that's coming out is ode hot, I got to play with it for 15 mins and fell in love but I kept tapping icons on the screen expecting it to do something, so I'm spoiled by touch screens.

Hopefully if Sprint launches the HTC Hero or Samsung's android handset like the rumors are saying, they won't require a different plan and I'll just get one of those.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm on my third TP since march after having 4 XV6800's from april 08-march 09
Old 07-09-2009, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

5 vzw 1 sprint 1 alltel
7 touch pros for me
Old 07-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

9 since october 31st!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

TP=PooPoo
Old 07-09-2009, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

jacksplat is just getting started

That's a good question...what is the failure rate on these things? My end button has always been a little squishy...like I really have to hit it to end a call.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

wow, i'm only on #2
Old 07-09-2009, 08:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

I had my VZW tp for 9 months before I switched to sprint. No problems* on any of them... I do think the vzw is constructed better. I was incredibly tireed one day and left it on the roof of my car and drove off. (should not have been driving like that..) and the only thing that got scratched was the BATTERY. screen was perfect the back opped off and battery took all the damage! *I scratched my screen after like a week and a half (no protector because of how the VZW was), got another one today and IMMEDIATELY applied the screen protector. The sprint screen is very different. when you press on it you can see the digitzer dip in if you do it in the right light. the VZW feels great, no dipping and very glass like. BUT, i would much rather have twice the ram and inferior customer service.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro