PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: Sprint

testify585 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i just bought the HTC Touch Pro HELP NOOB!

I just bought the HTC Touch Pro from SPRINT and im trying to figure out how to get new themes, free games , get the slider unlock feature like the iphone has... ima new noob when it comes to PC phones and a new noob when it comes to computer talk.. if anyone could point me into the direction of a STEP by STEP instruction on how to do these things please do... i love this phone but im afraid im not using it to its full potential...

P.S. i dont have internet access on the phone yet
Thanks!

Last edited by testify585; 05-29-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: i just bought the HTC Touch Pro HELP NOOB!

On the very top of this forum there are some stickies that are very informative. There is also a forum for software, games etc...... Do a little searching and you will get a hang of this site very quickly. Oh and welcome to ppcgeeks

Old 05-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Welcome to the site & u can start here
Old 05-29-2009, 12:33 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Sure, it's great you guys point him to the read-me-first stickies but they have so much information in them it would take a long time for him to find what he's actually looking for.

The iPhone-style slide to unlock has been re-created for windows mobile, it's called S2U2. It can be found here:

http://s2u2.ac-s2.com/

Normally, I'd just give you a direct link to the .cab file to install on your phone, since you don't have a data plan, you're out of luck there. There is no extremely simple way beyond that.

You'll want to download the VGA version (because the TP has a VGA screen). Save the .cab file anywhere, your desktop is fine.

Plug your TP into your PC, connect via activesync (or wmdc, whichever you have). Open up the following on your PC:

My Computer -> Touch Pro -> Internal Storage -> My Documents

Copy the .cab file for S2U2 to that folder. You can disconnect your phone after it's done copying.

On your phone, now:

Start -> Programs -> File explorer

It should automatically open up to the My Documents folder. Scroll down till you find the .cab file for s2u2, tap it to run it. Install it to internal storage.

Then you'll see it in Start -> Programs -> S2U2 and can run and configure it from there.

I'm not going to provide any support past this, it is what it is... you can do it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:05 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

OP, send me a PM and ill help you out

Help Me Help You
Old 05-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro cdma
Carrier: sprint

flintduncan is a n00b

Heh. I've had the phone since release, and while it's my first PPC phone, I had a Dell Ax for a few years before. On top of that, I'm fairly tech savvy on my PC and laptop.

But I'm still quite noob myself. Don't feel bad, we all have to start somewhere. I'm flashing my device and changing the rom for the first time ever this weekend, and scared to hell about bricking it. Just take a deep breath, and scroll through the forum; this place has to be the best collection of support, and supportive people that I've seen for all things tech.

Also, personal preference; the slider unlock can be a pain in the neck. Might I suggest a sensor-lock instead? I'm attaching a CAB for it here; might not be the latest version though, I haven't bothered checking in months. But it's the one I use, and it makes me happy. Very unobtrusive and easy to use, just give your phone a spin to lock or unlock, and the g sensor does all the work.
Flint out.
Attached Files
File Type: cab sensorlock-0.4.0.CAB (53.4 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Threadstarter

testify585 is a n00b

i finnally learned how to get different themes on the touch pro.. i was wondering how do i delete the ones that ive added and how can i get the original stock look and everythiing back? also i added the slider effect and im not liking it how do i uninstall that?? im very new with this phone so please bare with me ..... thank you!
Old 05-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by testify585 View Post
i finnally learned how to get different themes on the touch pro.. i was wondering how do i delete the ones that ive added and how can i get the original stock look and everythiing back? also i added the slider effect and im not liking it how do i uninstall that?? im very new with this phone so please bare with me ..... thank you!
Well, it kinda depends on how you installed your themes. If they're simply .cab files you ran, go Start -> Settings -> System -> Remove Programs, then select the cab theme and remove it. Also, the "slider effect" should be found in the same screen, and removed that way too.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:51 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

start/settings/system/remove programs. Remove s2u2 from there.

edit: you beat me to it haha.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro