PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   i just bought the HTC Touch Pro HELP NOOB! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70098)

testify585 05-29-2009 12:08 PM

i just bought the HTC Touch Pro HELP NOOB!

I just bought the HTC Touch Pro from SPRINT and im trying to figure out how to get new themes, free games , get the slider unlock feature like the iphone has... ima new noob when it comes to PC phones and a new noob when it comes to computer talk.. if anyone could point me into the direction of a STEP by STEP instruction on how to do these things please do... i love this phone but im afraid im not using it to its full potential...

P.S. i dont have internet access on the phone yet
Thanks!

themuffinman 05-29-2009 12:14 PM

Re: i just bought the HTC Touch Pro HELP NOOB!

On the very top of this forum there are some stickies that are very informative. There is also a forum for software, games etc...... Do a little searching and you will get a hang of this site very quickly. Oh and welcome to ppcgeeks

BRIVERS73 05-29-2009 12:16 PM

Welcome to the site & u can start here

ShadowDrake 05-29-2009 12:33 PM

Sure, it's great you guys point him to the read-me-first stickies but they have so much information in them it would take a long time for him to find what he's actually looking for.

The iPhone-style slide to unlock has been re-created for windows mobile, it's called S2U2. It can be found here:

http://s2u2.ac-s2.com/

Normally, I'd just give you a direct link to the .cab file to install on your phone, since you don't have a data plan, you're out of luck there. There is no extremely simple way beyond that.

You'll want to download the VGA version (because the TP has a VGA screen). Save the .cab file anywhere, your desktop is fine.

Plug your TP into your PC, connect via activesync (or wmdc, whichever you have). Open up the following on your PC:

My Computer -> Touch Pro -> Internal Storage -> My Documents

Copy the .cab file for S2U2 to that folder. You can disconnect your phone after it's done copying.

On your phone, now:

Start -> Programs -> File explorer

It should automatically open up to the My Documents folder. Scroll down till you find the .cab file for s2u2, tap it to run it. Install it to internal storage.

Then you'll see it in Start -> Programs -> S2U2 and can run and configure it from there.

I'm not going to provide any support past this, it is what it is... you can do it.

piranah 05-29-2009 01:05 PM

OP, send me a PM and ill help you out

flintduncan 05-30-2009 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heh. I've had the phone since release, and while it's my first PPC phone, I had a Dell Ax for a few years before. On top of that, I'm fairly tech savvy on my PC and laptop.

But I'm still quite noob myself. Don't feel bad, we all have to start somewhere. I'm flashing my device and changing the rom for the first time ever this weekend, and scared to hell about bricking it. Just take a deep breath, and scroll through the forum; this place has to be the best collection of support, and supportive people that I've seen for all things tech.

Also, personal preference; the slider unlock can be a pain in the neck. Might I suggest a sensor-lock instead? I'm attaching a CAB for it here; might not be the latest version though, I haven't bothered checking in months. But it's the one I use, and it makes me happy. Very unobtrusive and easy to use, just give your phone a spin to lock or unlock, and the g sensor does all the work.
Flint out.

testify585 05-30-2009 12:44 PM

i finnally learned how to get different themes on the touch pro.. i was wondering how do i delete the ones that ive added and how can i get the original stock look and everythiing back? also i added the slider effect and im not liking it how do i uninstall that?? im very new with this phone so please bare with me ..... thank you!

Rourke Swift 05-30-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testify585 (Post 944799)
i finnally learned how to get different themes on the touch pro.. i was wondering how do i delete the ones that ive added and how can i get the original stock look and everythiing back? also i added the slider effect and im not liking it how do i uninstall that?? im very new with this phone so please bare with me ..... thank you!

Well, it kinda depends on how you installed your themes. If they're simply .cab files you ran, go Start -> Settings -> System -> Remove Programs, then select the cab theme and remove it. Also, the "slider effect" should be found in the same screen, and removed that way too.

thacounty 05-30-2009 12:51 PM

start/settings/system/remove programs. Remove s2u2 from there.

edit: you beat me to it haha.