PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TMOUS HD2
Carrier: Tmobile

ihateu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tether To Xbox Live!

We can tether to pc... can we tether to xbox live ???? wanted to ask if anyone ever did an xbox live tether sucessfully and if its a secure/stable conection???It would be awesome if we can do that !!!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333
Re: Tether To Xbox Live!

You can use WMWifirouter and the X-Box WiFi adapter.

Here's another thread asking the same thing in regards to the Mogul-
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=408225

Hope this helps ya out, and if it does, don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button

-Keir-

Last edited by Keir333; 05-21-2009 at 01:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

You could theoretically tether to your computer, then share that connection via ethernet to your xbox, as for a direct usb tether? unlikely
Old 05-21-2009, 03:41 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpuma View Post
as for a direct usb tether? unlikely
yea, maybe, but more likely than another system. for the most part microsoft drivers can interchange, so It's not a streatch to think that wmodem/inetshare driver for xp/vista wouldn't work.
wait... net share rely's on active sync (i think)
and I'm not sure if xbox would take a modem.

hmm, oh well, I've got insomnia.. and I never liked xbox anyway... taking RARE away from the rest of the gaming community.. shame
Old 05-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

SteveAlaniz is a n00b

I'm confused by this question. If you're interested in connecting to xbox live through a wifi connection through your phone, this is definitely possible with the wireless network adapter for the xbox. Please keep in mind that it is pretty much useless though since most games require full broadband speeds, so good luck keepin up with a lagging red team/blue team if you happen to get a connection in the first place.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you have the xbox360 wireless adapter, you can definitely tether as others have said with wmwifirouter. However the latency for cell phone data connections is usually around 100-200ms, which are upper DSL to low 56-k levels, if you happen to remember those days.

The bandwidth however should be more than enough, so you shouldn't experience too much stuttering in the game, but expect the 100-200ms latency to impact your gameplay and reaction time (i.e. dieing in halo when you could've swore you shot him in the face first). As long as you keep the phone in one place, the data throughput should be decently stable.

I've tethered my phone to my laptop plenty of times and been able to stream hulu and other sites while on a bus traveling 60mph
Old 05-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

For the love of God and all that is holy, if you get this to work, please do not play COD4 multiplayer. I hate when slow connections lag out a server I am in and since I pay for 12MB cable, I hate it even more.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
For the love of God and all that is holy, if you get this to work, please do not play COD4 multiplayer. I hate when slow connections lag out a server I am in and since I pay for 12MB cable, I hate it even more.
Just don't host if you tether, hahah
Old 05-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

my uncle, when they cut through the cables by his house and it took a month to get them repaied tethered through his tp with wmwifrouter and the usb wifi adapter. expect phone to get hot enogh to cook with. also know batt drains faster then ability to charge - he has a dock w/ spare batt. high latency but a 1.5 meg connection
Old 05-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordyt View Post
my uncle, when they cut through the cables by his house and it took a month to get them repaied tethered through his tp with wmwifrouter and the usb wifi adapter. expect phone to get hot enogh to cook with. also know batt drains faster then ability to charge - he has a dock w/ spare batt. high latency but a 1.5 meg connection
As long as you keep it cool, it'll be able to charge faster than it discharges. The only reason it dies is because the internal temperature controller shuts off the charge when it gets too hot. I usually leave it near a fan or an AC vent.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro