PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tether To Xbox Live!

i tether over wifi on xbox 360 and bluetooth on ps3 and it fast well it lags sometimes dippends if u get higher then 1500 peaks then ur good if its under that speed no good i use to get 2900 on ev when i lived in el paso tx

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 05-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Sure, it will work, for the most part, for you. But if the game happens to choose you as the "best" host, everyone is screwed. Also, in games like COD4, if you are lagging even a little, you will cost me a head shot. And that, my friend, just pisses me off.

I personally think that XBL should test your bandwidth and latency and not even allow you to play multiplayer if you are below are certain threshold. But maybe that's why I don't work at Miscrosoft. Or maybe it's because if I worked at Microsoft I would really be working...
Old 05-21-2009, 04:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tbran is becoming a great contributor

I tether my 360 through a network bridge on my laptop. It's a piece of cake in Vista. It doesn't usually lag but data usage is a bear. It uses between 15-25mb an hour of bandwidth during Halo3, COD or GTA4 multi-player and much more if you host, which adds up fast. Don't exceed the Sprint 5GB limit!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TMOUS HD2
Carrier: Tmobile
Threadstarter

ihateu is just getting started

sounds possible top do it ... but would vzw find out about the data usage?? How much usage can 1 expect to burn??is wmwifi router free?
Old 05-21-2009, 04:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

tbran is becoming a great contributor

See my post right above you for data amounts that I've been using. Don't know about how vzw will react to an uptick in your data transfer, I've always heard they were tight on bandwidth usage, but I have no personal experience with them. They will see your usage for sure, so make sure you have unlimited data and even still, use it in moderation. I keep track of my time online and figure every hour at 25MB to be safe. It's one of the main reasons I am a Sprint devotee, they rarely mess with customers about data transfer unless you are off the charts on a steady basis.

Last edited by tbran; 05-21-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateu View Post
sounds possible top do it ... but would vzw find out about the data usage?? How much usage can 1 expect to burn??is wmwifi router free?
wmwifirouter is 29.99. it has a free demo so that you can test it out.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

how do you tether a touch pro to a ps3.. I tried my mogul with a beta version of wifi router and it never worked.. I heard someone say bluetooth.. That would be great
Old 05-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech View Post
i tether over wifi on xbox 360 and bluetooth on ps3 and it fast well it lags sometimes dippends if u get higher then 1500 peaks then ur good if its under that speed no good i use to get 2900 on ev when i lived in el paso tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by celsius0010 View Post
how do you tether a touch pro to a ps3.. I tried my mogul with a beta version of wifi router and it never worked.. I heard someone say bluetooth.. That would be great
Yeah i saw that post about the bluetooth. I don't know how to do that but wmwifirouter doesn't work with ps3 because the ps3 doesn't pick up the ad-hoc signal that wmwifirouter uses.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TMOUS HD2
Carrier: Tmobile
Threadstarter

ihateu is just getting started

im haing some trouble getting Internet Sharing Enabled on Vista.... i get an unexpected error when enabling ICS... Am I not doing it right? i go to properties and click enable and thats all right ??? letme know thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbran View Post
I tether my 360 through a network bridge on my laptop. It's a piece of cake in Vista. It doesn't usually lag but data usage is a bear. It uses between 15-25mb an hour of bandwidth during Halo3, COD or GTA4 multi-player and much more if you host, which adds up fast. Don't exceed the Sprint 5GB limit!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Yeah i saw that post about the bluetooth. I don't know how to do that but wmwifirouter doesn't work with ps3 because the ps3 doesn't pick up the ad-hoc signal that wmwifirouter uses.
I can't confirm but I think you are right about the ps3 not picking up a ad-hoc signal. Some of my friends have tried this before and they couldn't figure out how to get it to work right. As far as the xbox360, it works like a charm. I have played several rounds of halo3 and cod4 with absolutely no issues will lag or even latency.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro