View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Darkjedi
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tether To Xbox Live!

If you have the xbox360 wireless adapter, you can definitely tether as others have said with wmwifirouter. However the latency for cell phone data connections is usually around 100-200ms, which are upper DSL to low 56-k levels, if you happen to remember those days.

The bandwidth however should be more than enough, so you shouldn't experience too much stuttering in the game, but expect the 100-200ms latency to impact your gameplay and reaction time (i.e. dieing in halo when you could've swore you shot him in the face first). As long as you keep the phone in one place, the data throughput should be decently stable.

I've tethered my phone to my laptop plenty of times and been able to stream hulu and other sites while on a bus traveling 60mph