PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 12:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800,PPC 6900, Sprint TP
Carrier: TP + Sprint employee plan ($25) = AWWWW DAAAAMN!!!

KaziWingX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation In desparate need of some help...

Okay, so here's the deal. I have a Sprint TP that I have had for about 6months now and have sucessfully modded it numerous times. Recently I took the leap of faith and flashed my ROM to the Copper ROM. Being that it was my first time I thought it would be hard...but it wasnt. Ive played with that ROM for about 3wks now and I want to go to something a little different.

My phone is still unlocked and nothing has changed since I unlocked it but for some reason, activesync cant recognize my phone after I go into bootloader mode. Im not a noob at this, ive looked into pretty much all of the forums, i googled, and i even went over to xda and asked a few people over there...no one has answered any of my questions, and that was almost a week ago. Over here, I studied the entired thread like it was my finals (lol) and I saw that a few people have had similar problems (not completely) but either they figured it out on their own or they gave up because no one really answered their questions either.

I have tried ALL of the method of trying to re-flash my phone, from using the PC which was pointless since I cant get activesync to work after going into bootloader mode, formatting my sd card to fat32 (which pissed me off because it took me over an hour to clear off all my stuff) which still didnt work. I get some random flash that says something but it moves too fast. And yea, I made sure I put the file into the root of the card. I even tried putting the file into the root of the phone and going that direction but to no avail. I tried troubleshooting my activesync which included reinstalling it but that didnt help either.

I have literally done EVERYTHING that I could think of and nothing has worked. If anyone can help a fellow Geek out that would be very much appreciated...

Thnx,
KAZI
“Aspire to be like Mt. Fuji, with such a broad and solid foundation that the strongest earthquake cannot move you, and so tall that the greatest enterprises of common men seem insignificant from your lofty perspective. With your mind as high as Mt Fuji you can see all things clearly. And you can see all the forces that shape events; not just the things happening near to you.”

--Miamoto Musashi
Old 04-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose
Re: In desparate need of some help...

Well some times a pc restart will get active sync working again..not sure if you leave your pc always on or not..if you do try restarting it... 2nd when i connect via active synce then put my phone in bootloader active sync seems to disconnect but I am still able to run the RUU and flash my phone..have you tried flashing after going into bootloader and active sync disconnecting?... finally the card that came with the phone well it seems to be junk or maybe you need a 4gb card minimum to flash that way I dont no..I've tried using it to flash a simple radio to my phone and it just wont work no matter if you reformat it or not.. the 8gb card I purchased off ebay works like a charm..so maybe buy a larger card if your using the free 1...
Old 04-30-2009, 12:49 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMayLose View Post
Well some times a pc restart will get active sync working again..not sure if you leave your pc always on or not..if you do try restarting it... 2nd when i connect via active synce then put my phone in bootloader active sync seems to disconnect but I am still able to run the RUU and flash my phone..have you tried flashing after going into bootloader and active sync disconnecting?... finally the card that came with the phone well it seems to be junk or maybe you need a 4gb card minimum to flash that way I dont no..I've tried using it to flash a simple radio to my phone and it just wont work no matter if you reformat it or not.. the 8gb card I purchased off ebay works like a charm..so maybe buy a larger card if your using the free 1...
I run a 2GB card and have no problems flashing from it. I keep all my past ROM's on it just in case I need to go back to a previous build.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:57 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

are you usin active sync or WMDC? i know that it seems like you have to upgrade WMDC alot more than active sync. what you could also do is delete your phone in active sync and repair the phone. thats what i usually end up doing when i have active sync problems

Help Me Help You
Old 04-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
I run a 2GB card and have no problems flashing from it. I keep all my past ROM's on it just in case I need to go back to a previous build.
Do you use the free 1 that came with the phone?... If not maybe that damn card is just junk if you do then I dont know what to say as mine just will not work no matter what I do to it lol
Old 04-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

did you rename it when you tried to flash from card?
as for the activesync i dont use it hardly ever but remember reading to uncheck a setting in system/connections usb to pc uncheck enable faster data sync
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work

first thing you want to do is determine if its your computer or the phone
see if you can get it connected on another machine with a different cable
if not then its probably the phone, but my guess its just a driver issue on your machine or even a bad cable or usb port

as "youmaylose" said active sync will say no connected but you can still run the ruu and flash the device.

question, on the bootloader screen on your phone, does it say "usb" in the white part at the bottom?
my mogul some times wouldn't say that so i just had to unplug the usb cable from the phone then plug it back in and then "usb" would show up and everything would start working

'function over fashion'
Old 04-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Flashing from SD card:

try to use a MicroSD that is 2GB or less.
copy the file using your computer. Make sure the name is RAPHIMG.nbh

Note the caps, etc.

Then retry the flash from SD.

I had a larger MicroSD that it absolutely refused to flash from, no matter how it was formatted. Odd, but true.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaziWingX View Post
Okay, so here's the deal. I have a Sprint TP that I have had for about 6months now and have sucessfully modded it numerous times. Recently I took the leap of faith and flashed my ROM to the Copper ROM. Being that it was my first time I thought it would be hard...but it wasnt. Ive played with that ROM for about 3wks now and I want to go to something a little different.

My phone is still unlocked and nothing has changed since I unlocked it but for some reason, activesync cant recognize my phone after I go into bootloader mode. Im not a noob at this, ive looked into pretty much all of the forums, i googled, and i even went over to xda and asked a few people over there...no one has answered any of my questions, and that was almost a week ago. Over here, I studied the entired thread like it was my finals (lol) and I saw that a few people have had similar problems (not completely) but either they figured it out on their own or they gave up because no one really answered their questions either.

I have tried ALL of the method of trying to re-flash my phone, from using the PC which was pointless since I cant get activesync to work after going into bootloader mode, formatting my sd card to fat32 (which pissed me off because it took me over an hour to clear off all my stuff) which still didnt work. I get some random flash that says something but it moves too fast. And yea, I made sure I put the file into the root of the card. I even tried putting the file into the root of the phone and going that direction but to no avail. I tried troubleshooting my activesync which included reinstalling it but that didnt help either.

I have literally done EVERYTHING that I could think of and nothing has worked. If anyone can help a fellow Geek out that would be very much appreciated...

Thnx,
KAZI
Kazi, as a few people stated activesync will say its not conncected during bootloader mode. Mine does that everytime .
Dont manually enter Bootloader if thats what youre doing. Instead, run the RUU while youre phone is actively connected and make sure you dont move it. RUU should enter bootloader on your phone by itself and it will make the disconnected sound from activesync but still work when it comes back.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:54 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
Flashing from SD card:

try to use a MicroSD that is 2GB or less.
copy the file using your computer. Make sure the name is RAPHIMG.nbh

Note the caps, etc.

Then retry the flash from SD.

I had a larger MicroSD that it absolutely refused to flash from, no matter how it was formatted. Odd, but true.
Known issue. It has to be a regular MicroSD, NOT a SDHC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro