PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dinodrew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ring tone is corrupted

I swear to all that is holy that I've been searching all morning. Haven't found a fix yet. Def some talk in the Mighty/Juicy threads, but...

Touch Pro, Juicy's latest, but after a "while" the phone stops ringing, needs a soft-reset to start again.

Anyone else? Any resolution out there? I want to keep rocking 6.5, but I want my phone to ring

Thank you
Old 04-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose
Re: Ring tone is corrupted

Juicy's roms have had the ring tone bug for a good while now... there really isnt a fix out yet and it seems there may not be 1 coming...mighty's shouldnt have the ring tone bug..well it didnt use to unless its some thing recently.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinodrew View Post
I swear to all that is holy that I've been searching all morning. Haven't found a fix yet. Def some talk in the Mighty/Juicy threads, but...

Touch Pro, Juicy's latest, but after a "while" the phone stops ringing, needs a soft-reset to start again.

Anyone else? Any resolution out there? I want to keep rocking 6.5, but I want my phone to ring

Thank you
mine works fine till I try to use the alarm clock, then it's corrupted by morning
Old 04-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

I built my own rom using the ppckitchen. The odd thing was I was having the same issues. All the stock ringtones and notifications would not work when trying to preview them under start > Settings > Personal > phone. I would get the file cannot be played it might be corrupted message, However All my ringtones that i made that were not wma or mp3. I make my ringtones in wav format bc they play faster and with less delay and always work. When selecting one of my own ringers they work fine. So a temp fix might be to convert the tones u want to a wav format.

I do not have the bug with the new mighty 5 rom. as it plays wma and mp3 ringers fine.

Something even more odd was the phone would play mp3's and wma files using any music player such as s2p, wmp, and mort player. The bug only affected the ringers and notifications.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dinodrew is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
I make my ringtones in wav format bc they play faster and with less delay and always work. When selecting one of my own ringers they work fine. So a temp fix might be to convert the tones u want to a wav format..
I will do that tonight. There's only two ringtones I use, so it will be easy.

Thanks coming your way!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

After playing with MR5 i noticed i don't get the error that the ringtone is corrupted it just does not play when selected... But guess what my wave tones play fine... It may take a little more space but I have plenty as I always store my ringtones on my storage card. \\Storage Card\My Documents\My Ringtones\

And when restoring my contacts between flashes using Dot Freds PIM Backup 2.8.

Sense the ringers are always in the same place as soon as I restore the contacts all of the custom tones I have set for each caller work no need to re-set up anything. The only ringer I have to mess with after flashing is the default tone.

BTW glad 2 help out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro