View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 11:52 AM
gator2k83
Regular 'Geeker

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Re: Ring tone is corrupted

I built my own rom using the ppckitchen. The odd thing was I was having the same issues. All the stock ringtones and notifications would not work when trying to preview them under start > Settings > Personal > phone. I would get the file cannot be played it might be corrupted message, However All my ringtones that i made that were not wma or mp3. I make my ringtones in wav format bc they play faster and with less delay and always work. When selecting one of my own ringers they work fine. So a temp fix might be to convert the tones u want to a wav format.

I do not have the bug with the new mighty 5 rom. as it plays wma and mp3 ringers fine.

Something even more odd was the phone would play mp3's and wma files using any music player such as s2p, wmp, and mort player. The bug only affected the ringers and notifications.
This post has been thanked 1 times.