PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Ring tone is corrupted (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65909)

dinodrew 04-22-2009 08:43 AM

Ring tone is corrupted

I swear to all that is holy that I've been searching all morning. Haven't found a fix yet. Def some talk in the Mighty/Juicy threads, but...

Touch Pro, Juicy's latest, but after a "while" the phone stops ringing, needs a soft-reset to start again.

Anyone else? Any resolution out there? I want to keep rocking 6.5, but I want my phone to ring :)

Thank you

YouMayLose 04-22-2009 09:55 AM

Re: Ring tone is corrupted

Juicy's roms have had the ring tone bug for a good while now... there really isnt a fix out yet and it seems there may not be 1 coming...mighty's shouldnt have the ring tone bug..well it didnt use to unless its some thing recently.

dan-htc-touch 04-22-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinodrew (Post 867864)
I swear to all that is holy that I've been searching all morning. Haven't found a fix yet. Def some talk in the Mighty/Juicy threads, but...

Touch Pro, Juicy's latest, but after a "while" the phone stops ringing, needs a soft-reset to start again.

Anyone else? Any resolution out there? I want to keep rocking 6.5, but I want my phone to ring :)

Thank you

mine works fine till I try to use the alarm clock, then it's corrupted by morning

gator2k83 04-22-2009 11:52 AM

I built my own rom using the ppckitchen. The odd thing was I was having the same issues. All the stock ringtones and notifications would not work when trying to preview them under start > Settings > Personal > phone. I would get the file cannot be played it might be corrupted message, However All my ringtones that i made that were not wma or mp3. I make my ringtones in wav format bc they play faster and with less delay and always work. When selecting one of my own ringers they work fine. So a temp fix might be to convert the tones u want to a wav format.

I do not have the bug with the new mighty 5 rom. as it plays wma and mp3 ringers fine.

Something even more odd was the phone would play mp3's and wma files using any music player such as s2p, wmp, and mort player. The bug only affected the ringers and notifications.

dinodrew 04-22-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator2k83 (Post 868346)
I make my ringtones in wav format bc they play faster and with less delay and always work. When selecting one of my own ringers they work fine. So a temp fix might be to convert the tones u want to a wav format..

I will do that tonight. There's only two ringtones I use, so it will be easy.

Thanks coming your way!

gator2k83 04-22-2009 12:25 PM

After playing with MR5 i noticed i don't get the error that the ringtone is corrupted it just does not play when selected... But guess what my wave tones play fine... It may take a little more space but I have plenty as I always store my ringtones on my storage card. \\Storage Card\My Documents\My Ringtones\

And when restoring my contacts between flashes using Dot Freds PIM Backup 2.8.

Sense the ringers are always in the same place as soon as I restore the contacts all of the custom tones I have set for each caller work no need to re-set up anything. The only ringer I have to mess with after flashing is the default tone.

BTW glad 2 help out.