PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck
Re: Touch Pro Backup Applications/Software

In case you are not using outlook 2007 and you want to do only contacts backup, very useful little application, I have all my contacts saved in one file in my hard drive.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PPCBckpContacts.zip (83.5 KB, 81 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Calidoc is a n00b

I have the following problem: I keep deleting a certain contact from my phone, but after syncing with dashwire, it shows up again in my phone book.

Are there settings i need to change? Or how do i prevent this from happening.

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:54 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidoc View Post
I have the following problem: I keep deleting a certain contact from my phone, but after syncing with dashwire, it shows up again in my phone book.

Are there settings i need to change? Or how do i prevent this from happening.

Thanks.
you have to delete the contact on the site and the phone, or delete one of the two places while in auto sync. I have stopped using dashwire due to the poor contact management in general. especially since gmail will do contacts now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

couple of questions for those using Sprite:

1: If I have to do a hard reset all I need to do is reinstall Sprite and then select the restore option correct?

2: Should I try it out? Just do a restore to see if it worked?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by mikenerd; 03-16-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
couple of questions for those using Sprite:

1: If I have to do a hard reset all I need to do is reinstall Sprite and then select the restore option correct?

2: Should I try it out? Just do a restore to see if it worked?
You don't need to reinstall Sprite after a hard reset, the BU file is an exe that will run & restore itself.

When I do backups, I do a "custom BU" & select everything except the storage card. When I do restores, I use merge option one & it works perfectly everytime (& I've probably done it 100 times)

~John
Old 03-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
You don't need to reinstall Sprite after a hard reset, the BU file is an exe that will run & restore itself.

When I do backups, I do a "custom BU" & select everything except the storage card. When I do restores, I use merge option one & it works perfectly everytime (& I've probably done it 100 times)

~John
Great thanks! I couldnt get it to backup to pc. It said ActiveSync was not connected, even though it was, so I just copied the BU file from my card to my computer. If I loose my phone or there is a problem with the card I can just use that file on a new card/phone. That will work, right?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:39 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
Great thanks! I couldnt get it to backup to pc. It said ActiveSync was not connected, even though it was, so I just copied the BU file from my card to my computer. If I loose my phone or there is a problem with the card I can just use that file on a new card/phone. That will work, right?
Yes, that will work fine (I've done it many times)

~John
Old 03-16-2009, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ManUtd07 is becoming a great contributor

jmorton (or anyone who has done this for that matter),

If you backup everything on your phone except the storage card and then lets say flash a new ROM, when you restore does it load your programs and such that you had loaded on the phone before? Also, if the new ROM does not have some of the programs that the Stock ROM had, when you restore do those programs get loaded again? I guess what I'm trying to get at is I'm considering flashing a new ROM mainly just for the heck of it and want to know if restoring everything that was backed up from the Stock Rom would then lead the newly flashed ROM back in that direction. If I am completely off in this thought then I apologize for my stupidity.

Last edited by ManUtd07; 03-17-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

MrClean is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd07 View Post
jmorton (or anyone who has done this for that matter),

If you backup everything on your phone except the storage card and then lets say flash a new ROM, when you restore does it load your programs and such that you had loaded on the phone before? Also, if the new ROM does not have some of the programs that the Stock ROM had, when you restore do those programs get loaded again? I guess what I'm trying to get at is I'm considering flashing a new ROM mainly just for the heck of it and want to know if restoring everything that was backed up from the Stock Rom would then lead the newly flashed ROM back in that direction. If I am completely off in this thought then I apologize for my stupidity.
Since I got Sprite I've only used one ROM, just flashed new versions of it as they come out and my programs showed up (programs I loaded). Check the Sprite BU manual on-line, there are instructions on which 'level' to choose when switching to a different ROM. I use 'level 1' restore since I'm on the same ROM...just a different version. I've been thinking about trying a couple different ROMs but I'm not looking forward to reloading all the programs I install, if for some reason they don't show up after restoring.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:39 AM
VIP Member

I have done Sprite restores using "merge level one" on multiple different ROMS & 99% of the time everything works perfectly & all the programs etc work just the same as when the BU was made.

My system is absolutely LOADED with programs/apps/tweaks etc (plus it's a Sprint phone running on my Verizon account) so it's a pretty good test of the restore capability of these programs. A while back, I tested the hell out of the restore capability of Sprite/SPB BU & Resco BU (I own all three programs). When switching ROMs, Sprite won over the other two by a rather wide margin.

When I restore the fully loaded BU file to a new ROM (sometimes on a different phone, I have 3 TP's) there is one thing that NEVER restores correctly although it's no big deal. After every single restore, I have to redo the TF3D people tab as it always comes up blank for some reason. I have five email accounts set up + a VZ wireless sync account & they all work perfectly after the restore as does SlingMobile/WMwifirouter/PocketShield/the compressed version of TF3D HD with many tweaks/PocketInformant/a half dozen GPS programs/SMS-Chat/Sirius WM5/Inesoft Phone/SPB Time etc etc etc etc

I restored the same BU file to 4 different ROM's in one of my spare TP's last week & the phone worked perfectly fine after the restores.

One thing I noticed was some of the ROMs are now using a new version of PIE. In my BU file, I had the PIE+ add-on installed. If I restore the BU to a ROM running the new PIE (Mighty 4.14) I get an error from PIE relating to the + add-on. When I restored to Mighty 4.12 it worked fine.

~John
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro