PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 03:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger
Re: $3.65 + Registry Hack = TV Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 View Post
Everything works PERFECT for me! Aside from the manila home screen displays sideways on my TV but that's no big deal. Sprint TV works too, but, what's the point in that? Aside from that, it's nice but as Chowder stated, the novelty wore off quickly for me as well. Oh well! $3 for a cable will sure come in handy sometime!
This would be perfect for somebody who travels. With a good size memory card you could upload several movies to the phone and jack it to the motels tv and watch what you want. If you have a sling box and internet plan you could control your cable/sat box from you phone. I do satellite installs and I could use this feature to show some customers different web sites using their to and my phone.

Now I just need to find a plug that works. I have two the first one doesn't seem to work the video is jumbled. I need to find my other one and give that one a try.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have the cable that's linked in the OP

Word to the wise:
Be sure to push the iPod cable ALL THE WAY into the htc adapter, so you don't spend 40 min of life necessarily troubleshooting something that isn't wrong.

I thought I had it in all the way, but only the sound would come through, no vid. Played with all the settings, looked through the regisitry, couldn't figure it out. Damn brain farts.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Old 04-07-2009, 07:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Cobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: $3.65 + Registry Hack = TV Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
I have the cable that's linked in the OP

Word to the wise:
Be sure to push the iPod cable ALL THE WAY into the htc adapter, so you don't spend 40 min of life necessarily troubleshooting something that isn't wrong.

I thought I had it in all the way, but only the sound would come through, no vid. Played with all the settings, looked through the regisitry, couldn't figure it out. Damn brain farts.
BEFORE YOU FORCE YOUR CABLE IN get a regular set of headphones and MAKE SURE that the metal part of the cable that goes into the headphone jack hole is EXACTLY the same size on both cables. There are cables out there that look like the one we need, and will fit mostly, but with longer ends so they don't go in all the way (I know because I have one and it doesn't work) and forcing them in could potentially damage the adapter, depending on how much force is involved of course.

The correct cable should fit nicely without trouble.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rix415 is a n00b

Hello All, Im new to the forum but ive been getting great information from you guys for a long time.

I had a question that i wasn't able to find the answer to.

I've ordered the 3.5mm stereo + video cable but I'm somewhat of the impatient type. I was going to just make my own cable for the meantime but i can't find any 3.5mm jacks with 4 contacts (on the jack). I do however have 2.5mm jacks with 4 contacts.

My question is this, If i made a cable using the 2.5mm jack would it work with the HTC adapter thing? I assume the 3.5mm jack and 2.5mm jack receptors are electrically identical, but i could be wrong. Does anyone have any insite to this question?

i assume i could just snap open the HTC adapter and look

thanks!
Old 04-13-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PFCRadio is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rix415 View Post
Hello All, Im new to the forum but ive been getting great information from you guys for a long time.

I had a question that i wasn't able to find the answer to.

I've ordered the 3.5mm stereo + video cable but I'm somewhat of the impatient type. I was going to just make my own cable for the meantime but i can't find any 3.5mm jacks with 4 contacts (on the jack). I do however have 2.5mm jacks with 4 contacts.

My question is this, If i made a cable using the 2.5mm jack would it work with the HTC adapter thing? I assume the 3.5mm jack and 2.5mm jack receptors are electrically identical, but i could be wrong. Does anyone have any insite to this question?

i assume i could just snap open the HTC adapter and look

thanks!
Have you had any luck with this?? I cant answer it but just thought Id bump this back up for those who can to see it.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Lurker

rix415 is a n00b

Yeah, it works. I made a cable using the 2.5mm jack
Old 04-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You need a reg hack to get TV-Out running on the Tpro?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
You need a reg hack to get TV-Out running on the Tpro?

I think thats only if your using this method.. I mean if your using a mini usb to rca cable i'll assume u simply plug it in and check the tv out settings under Start>settings>tv out settings... just me assuming of course
Old 04-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So the reg change is because HTC blocks usage of non-licensed cables?
Old 04-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

I dont think thats it..they are using a 3.5mm jack inserted into the headphone jack of the adapter that comes with the phone..is the reason for this method I think..again just me assuming.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro