PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy
Re: FYI: eticket still replacing with new in box units

I got new ones when they replaced it for me. Build date 01/12/09.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

I just did the Advance Exchange and am getting sent:

Replacement Phone Information:
Model Name: UTStarcom Touch Pro Handset Kit

No "REC" before the model name, so I'm assuming it is a new in box phone... We will see tomorrow...

[
Old 03-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
I just did the Advance Exchange and am getting sent:

Replacement Phone Information:
Model Name: UTStarcom Touch Pro Handset Kit

No "REC" before the model name, so I'm assuming it is a new in box phone... We will see tomorrow...
I just checked the online changer and now it is saying the replacements do NOT have a [REC] in front like you said.

What the heck?! I don't want a refurb! I've had bad luck with them! I'll try online chat.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I just checked the online changer and now it is saying the replacements do NOT have a [REC] in front like you said.

What the heck?! I don't want a refurb! I've had bad luck with them! I'll try online chat.
Well, I replaced mu Touch on another line a few days ago, and the Phone Replacement model was a REC HTC 6900 handset. Not a Handset Kit...

We will see when my package comes and I will make sure to update everyone.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
Well, I replaced mu Touch on another line a few days ago, and the Phone Replacement model was a REC HTC 6900 handset. Not a Handset Kit...

We will see when my package comes and I will make sure to update everyone.
PLEASE let me know what you get!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

if it said 6900 thats the old touch not the touch pro...
Old 03-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo /HTC Apache /HTC Mogul /HTC Touch /HTC Touch Pro

sassquach is a n00b

They have more moguls..now and e-ticket worked for me 3 weeks ago ...but my friend tried last week and the send him a replacement mogul....and he tried it again...and they sent him another mogul...lol...it was pretty funny.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
PLEASE let me know what you get!
sau, i got a refurb but the screen didn't work so they sent a brand new one and won't send a return kit for the refurb. it does look pretty holding down my papers though!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Doughstackz

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i work at a Sprint service and repair center, and yes

if you have TEP and you have a touch pro, they are currently sending out NIB Touch PRO's as of today still

i had a screen issue and swapped mine just yesterday for a brand new one.
you get a whole new box with accessories and all, all you have to do is send back the old phone by itself.

i wouldn't recommend overdoing this if nothing is genuinely wrong with your phone however, and if your damage is physical, you still may be charged about a $100 deductible

but if your device is malfunctioning electronically, stop by a service center.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughstackz View Post
i work at a Sprint service and repair center, and yes

if you have TEP and you have a touch pro, they are currently sending out NIB Touch PRO's as of today still

i had a screen issue and swapped mine just yesterday for a brand new one.
you get a whole new box with accessories and all, all you have to do is send back the old phone by itself.

i wouldn't recommend overdoing this if nothing is genuinely wrong with your phone however, and if your damage is physical, you still may be charged about a $100 deductible

but if your device is malfunctioning electronically, stop by a service center.
If you work for Sprint, could you help me out? I called up today and told them to cancel my replacement order. They said they couldnt and to refuse the shipment. So I am having UPS return the shipment and mark it as REFUSED by me.

Now I need to verify that I will not be charged. I do have TEP and there are a few issues with the phone including a random screen problem that pops up, hardware keyboard, etc.

So what I did was do another replacement online and I got my confirmation, etc. Will there be an issue?

I want that previous order completely removed... I just need someone to understand my situation and verify that everything is in order if I refused the delivery of the original replacement [which I was instructed to do by a rep]

If you can help me, shoot me a PM and I'll give you the account info to check. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro