PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
I hate my Touch Pro

I've tried to love it. I've tried to like it. I've tweaked and modified with my own custom ROMs, but I still can't bring myself to really like this damned thing.

I'm seriously considering going back to my 6700, or just getting a 6800.

Here are my problems, maybe someone can help.

It's slow. Choppy. Clunky. I don't have TF3D, TF2D or HTC Home. It's all gone. I have Today Agenda, Pocket Digital Clock, SPB Weather, and SPB Phone Suite on the today screen. I had the custom taskbar icons, but recently removed them in an attempt to speed things up. There's no overclocker yet, and I'm not sure what else to try. I have the glyphcache tweaked, the file system cache settings are changed via Advanced Config. I don't know what else to do.

Staying locked - With my 6700, when I used my headset and voice dial with MS Voice Command, the screen stayed locked and I didn't have to worry about where my phone was before pressing the button on my headset. Now, if I Voice Dial while the phone's in my pocket, it's anyone's guess what will happen next.

Waking up - I don't know if it's S2U2 or not. But sometimes when I try to wake up the phone, it won't. I press the power button and I get nothing. It's still on because the notification lights will blink if something is pending. Sliding open the keyboard brings up the landscape S2U2 screen and I can unlock from there. But under portrait, it's a no-go.

Let's start with those. Who's got suggestions? Convince me to keep this seemingly beautiful device.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Re: I hate my Touch Pro

Maybe your phone is defective. I know the verizon touch pro has less ram but it still has more thanthe 6800. Plus the vga screen is so nice.

Last edited by fr0st; 01-02-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
Maybe your phone is defective. I know the verizon touch pro has less ram but it still has more thanthe 6800. Plus the vga screen is so nice.

And THAT my friend, is the primary reason I haven't gotten rid of it. The VGA screen. I need solutions.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dbigdawg is becoming a great contributor

Either your ROM cooking is an issue or you got a bad unit. I haven't experienced a single one of those problems and there is no way my 6700 or 6800 came remotely close to my Pro in performance, stability or fluidity.

Have you had it swapped?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon

robodude2 is just getting started

Exchange it for another one.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

That seems to be the general consensus, so I suppose that's the next step. Has anyone confirmed that the re-locker works?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor

The waking up thing makes me pretty sure you have a bad one. My first one did exactly that (many did) and after exchanging it for another, I haven't had that happen once (it's been over a month). Try another one first.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

I've had some of those same issues actually. I also had it randomly reset itself for no f*cking reason. I am going to try a custom rom to see what's up. This is my second one as well.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

mike171562 is just getting started

I wouldnt worry about re-locking it, you can just flash the stock sprint rom and take it back.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

To reconfirm the opposite side, I've had essentially none of those issues. I have very rare problems, but I still run TF3D and overall my phone operates beautifully. Rare problems I can usually trace back to third-party apps I installed. So yeah, I'm going to lean toward you having a bad unit. That or try re-flashing stock and just see what you get. I'm still on stock, myself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro