PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATED-2: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
I'm using Scotts second ROM he came out with and it works fine for me... I had to use the HTC GPS Tool first...I tried it in the house a few times and it would find about 5 satellites with no locks.. So I took it outside and in about 15 seconds it found 10 satellites and locked onto 8...So, If I were u I would head outside and load up the GPS Tool..That might help!
When you say you had to use the HTC GPS Tool first, what do you mean?

You had to run it once? Had to load it and open port? Had to load it, open port and leave it running?

For example, can you detail the steps that allow you to get a lock with Google Maps?

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2008, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
When you say you had to use the HTC GPS Tool first, what do you mean?

You had to run it once? Had to load it and open port? Had to load it, open port and leave it running?

For example, can you detail the steps that allow you to get a lock with Google Maps?

Thanks!
1. Open HTC GPS Tool
2. Make sure it says COM4
3. Click Open Port
4. Click Function
5. Click Mode
6. Click Cold Start

**Make Sure Location is set to on**

Thats all I did.
You can also click Menu, Satellite and see the signals and which satellites are locked on.Red=unlocked satellite Green=locked satellite..Dont do this until did steps 1-6..

Last edited by kyle4269; 12-21-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:40 PM
N00b

rzande1 is a n00b
Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMarduk View Post
I modifed the latest Verizon PRL to work with the Sprint PRI...at least I think I got it. Anyone want to give it a try and let me know? It should get rid of the roaming triangle (*228 will bring it back though, as long as you are using the Sprint PRI)....
Hello,

How do I use this PRL? What do I do to load this into the phone?
Old 12-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
1. Open HTC GPS Tool
2. Make sure it says COM4
3. Click Open Port
4. Click Function
5. Click Mode
6. Click Cold Start

**Make Sure Location is set to on**

Thats all I did.
You can also click Menu, Satellite and see the signals and which satellites are locked on.Red=unlocked satellite Green=locked satellite..Dont do this until did steps 1-6..
Ok, I'll try that outside now.

Do you have to do all of that to get a lock in Google Maps too? Do you open the port here and leave it running so that other apps can access the GPS? In google maps, do you leave it as GPS using device info or do you change it to COM4 there?

Sorry for all the ?s

Then
Old 12-21-2008, 12:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre - HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

namtaru is a n00b

Yeah, no one has answered the question of do you need to run GPS tool every single time or not.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by namtaru View Post
Yeah, no one has answered the question of do you need to run GPS tool every single time or not.
I don't have to with OnCourse2008 nav software. Some of you might need to though depending on what nav software you are running. There are some that will not open the GPS Port for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzande1 View Post
Hello,

How do I use this PRL? What do I do to load this into the phone?
You don't need that PRL. Everything you need is contained within Post#1. Make sure you read carefully though.

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:05 PM
N00b

rzande1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
I don't have to with OnCourse2008 nav software. Some of you might need to though depending on what nav software you are running. There are some that will not open the GPS Port for you.

You don't need that PRL. Everything you need is contained within Post#1. Make sure you read carefully though.
The problem is once I run *228 it goes into roaming. The post says you should use *228 to get it to connect to verizon. How am I misreading that? Is there some strange hidden text on how to get it to connect to verizon WITHOUT it roaming?
Old 12-21-2008, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzande1 View Post
The problem is once I run *228 it goes into roaming. The post says you should use *228 to get it to connect to verizon. How am I misreading that? Is there some strange hidden text on how to get it to connect to verizon WITHOUT it roaming?

I didn't instruct anyone to dail *228 just stated I did to ensure I was connecting to verizon. I updated post 1 to avoid confusion. Sorry I was really really busy yesterday and trying to roll this out for you guys so I got a little behind on updates of post 1.

Reapply the fix and DO NOT *228. All will be fixed then.

Last edited by lllboredlll; 12-21-2008 at 01:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:16 PM
N00b

rzande1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
I didn't instruct anyone to dail *228 just stated I did to ensure I was connecting to verizon. I updated post 1 to avoid confusion. Sorry I was really really busy yesterday and trying to roll this out for you guys so I got a little behind on updates of post 1.

Reapply the fix and DO NOT *228. All will be fixed then.
Still connects to Sprint but doesnt roam
Old 12-21-2008, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: Verizon GPS Fix.....Phase I

Dial *228 but don't press anything else.

Does it say "Welcome to Verizon Wireless"?
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro