PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 04:47 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Keyboard dead

Got my TP at the end of October. Took Best Buy's protection plan instead of Sprint's as both were the same price at the time.

About two weeks later, I got fed up with the earpiece being muffled, and the front keys coming up, exchanged it.

All has been well, until yesterday. Started up Sprint Navigation, used the hardware keyboard to type in what I was looking for, it never got a GPS fix (has done this before) so I soft reset it. When it rebooted, before TF3D loaded, the spinning "please wait" icon was the only thing on the screen... it was playing just fine, but sat there for almost 5 minutes.

I soft reset it again.

It booted just fine, Sprint Navigation worked just fine. I recieved a text, slid open the keyboard and tried to type a response, but it wasn't working. Pressing the FN button doesn't make the light come on, same with shift... it's as if it is entirely disconnected.

I got home, hard reset the phone. Still, the keyboard doesn't work. Tried a second hard reset that night with no luck.

The Sprint stores around here STILL don't have Touch Pro's, in fact, they all wondered where I got one in the first place. They INSIST that it is ABSOLUTELY not out anywhere yet... yeah. Best Buy is my only option but they say they want a $150 deposit (on MY $800 phone as if I'm going to run off with their piece of **** loaner phone) and they are going to send the phone back for me... No, you have them in stock, how about you just replace it. Thanks.

I'm just going to re-flash it now, I figure I've got nothing to lose. If it's bricked, it's still going back, I'll just change my story to it doesn't turn on any more. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 12-13-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Keyboard dead

Other then a Hard Reset, I can't think of what to do to remedy the problem... I am really sorry to hear this happened to you.. That just sucks.. I would ask to speak to the manager of the Best Buy store you are going to.. Of course you know this, but I will say it again for anybody who reads this.. Being polite and professional will get you so much farther then being rude and acting immature... I wish you the best of luck in getting this situation resolved...
Old 12-13-2008, 09:23 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

sprint has them, corp is sending me one in a few days... dunno about the stores though.. i guess it depends on the store. last month i got the last pro that was on long island, and they haven't seen any sense. i called every store to find one, and they had one left. the demo models are all broken, so they literally have nothing here. it sucks though.... i'm really curious about why they stopped shipment on all of them. my friend works at bestbuy and they don't have any there either, nor a date on shipment.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

parkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

good news bro, best buy sucks almond nuts!
Thus said, you should NEVER buy a phone from best buy, no matter how cheap it is.
They will screw you faster than a construction worker can.
it's unbelievable.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkman25 View Post
Thus said, you should NEVER buy a phone from best buy, no matter how cheap it is.
it's unbelievable.
Never knew a construction worker can screw fast... lol...

Instead of going to a Sprint store, I would call and have Telesales order the phone for you..
Old 12-13-2008, 09:40 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkman25 View Post
it's unbelievable.
so you got it from a construcion worker? im one, we are fast. where in the heck do you get the construction info? sorry that happened to you. thats why they call it caution tape.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:54 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

update here... the software keyboard sucks for typing this!

Reflashed with nuerom because I want a mostly stock rom but still no luck on the keyboard, all other hardware keys work fine. I do not think i will have much luck with telesales because I do not have sprint's insurance. I still will try tomorrow. so a heads up to all, if your tp takes a long time at startup, don't soft reset it, it will turn your pro into an expensive, sloppy diamond

Edit: I should add that I have always been respectful to them and vented the angry
thoughts elsewhere lol... My comments from before came from the fact that my best but has some more pros but wants me to send it in through them instead of just giving me a new one.

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 12-14-2008 at 03:59 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

Have you tried another BB? Have you spoken to their Mobile manager? Have you called a BB Mobile store?

Just wondering...
Old 12-14-2008, 05:06 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i've got like 5 bestbuys near me, and i would definitely go to all of them before doing anything else... i called sprint because my pic mail was freezing, and they sent me another phone for free, without even asking where it came from... have you tried calling sprint? threaten to cancel your contract because it would be cheaper to switch to verizon and get the same phone, than buying another touch pro out of contract. there's something somebody can do for you, you just have to find out who that is and pressure them. at the very least, if bestbuy is willing to send it to wherever to have it fixed or whatever, let them.... at least it'll get fixed. as for the soft reset thing, that's just odd... i can't see how that could ruin anything, especially if you have swapped roms and it still doesn't work. but yeah, try different bestbuys, call sprint... there's gotta be something that can be done.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
so you got it from a construcion worker? im one, we are fast. where in the heck do you get the construction info? sorry that happened to you. thats why they call it caution tape.
lol...funny stuff

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro