PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there such a thing as a perfect Touch Pro?

I am on my 2nd Touch Pro, the 1st one had a screen flipping issue when I opened the keyboard, it could not tell if the KB was opened or closed. I am being patient but I will eventually return this one for one with more projection from the speaker.

2. My volume is not what I want it to be. I don't think the TP is capable of matching the Touch in volume, as they speaker in the TP seems smaller, but I am not satisfied. I have found two TPs and my last one had more expansive sound then my current one. I notice no difference with any of the audiopara hacks available here. I wish I did, as I like this phone.

3. Screen is alright with some loss of sensitivity on the edges. Not as bad as you are reporting.

4. My battery is getting better with charging. Are you keeping your same batt when returning or getting a new one each time? I think the Batt needs to break in before you will see it's true potential. How long that takes, I don't know, but I am not as happy with the battery as I was with the Touch, however I also understand that this phone has more going on, so I am just hoping it gets better with time, or else I am getting a spare battery...

I would like to know more about this "B" stock thing from Best Buy... How does one confirm, I would be willing to pay a premium for a better phone, but this sounds like nonsense to me... (Since B stock typically means used/returned)...

Last edited by Insoc; 11-03-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

This demonstrates the screen issue fairly well...

You can see how the Original Touch correlates to my thumb, (read: it's accurate.) The Touch Pro seems to have an issue, where if you don't push "hard enough," then the touch screen makes contact in an area further away form the edge of the screen--while the Original Tuch did not...

Original Touch

Original Touch

Original Touch

Original Touch

Original Touch

Original Touch

Touch Pro

Last edited by ScrapMaker; 11-04-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint sero

pyroz is just getting started

got it from bestbuy. no problems except for garbage battery life
Old 11-04-2008, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph33zy View Post
Did you guys have trouble returning your TP for the third time at Best Buy? They were hesitant to let me return my first one. The second one works great, but when the lady was activating it, she dropped her scanner right on top of it and it has a tiny scratch on the case, which is bothering me because it's so new.
I'm pretty anal about those things, so personally I would have demanded to get another one straight for that reason alone. I wouldn't take a new product that has a scratch like that on it! Just me, though.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:07 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Dang, just picking up the original Touch... I noticed just how responsive the screen is around the edges... night-and-day difference...

ugh

I really want one of these "good" ones...

So you guys who have "perfect" Touch Pros, still have the crappy inconsitant screen sensitivity? Is that just a critical design flaw that will affect ALL Touch Pros? That's highly disappointing if that's the case... The phone should be equally sensitive in one spot, as it is in another...
Old 11-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Two things scrapmaker, did you align your screen? and why does it bother you so much?

Okay the first im sure youve done, but the second... im not trying to be a douche, but you bought a phone with a keyboard, why not use it? Any ways, i made a topic about the screens insensitivity toward the edges, its true, htc messed up a bit here, but i toke someone elses advice and its working. The screens plastic needs to be "broken in", im not saying its going to make it so you wont have a problem, but it will continue to get less noticeable.

The only valid complaint in this thread is battery life, and everyone knows about that, thats why a lot of us are waiting on the best extended battery fix. This phone isnt perfect, but i'd be surprised if anyone finds better without lowering their standards a bit
Old 11-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsvnet View Post
I'm pretty anal about those things, so personally I would have demanded to get another one straight for that reason alone. I wouldn't take a new product that has a scratch like that on it! Just me, though.
It still had the plastic protection on it, so I didn't notice till I got home and took off the plastic... but believe me I cringed when I saw the scanner drop on it.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:21 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytv View Post
1) No. Loud and clear. Not tinny at all, just digital.
2) No. Louder than Diamond, loud as Touch. Very clear.
3) No. Works perfectly in both on-screen qwerty and the slide out keyboard.
4) Mixed. Battery hasn't had time to settle down yet. In a week or two, we'll all know this accurately.
I think those who got their pros from Best Buy got hosed. I got mine last week direct from Sprint Corporate. I had heard rumors that Best Buy got the B stock, and now I am starting to believe it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
Two things scrapmaker, did you align your screen? and why does it bother you so much?

Okay the first im sure youve done, but the second... im not trying to be a douche, but you bought a phone with a keyboard, why not use it? Any ways, i made a topic about the screens insensitivity toward the edges, its true, htc messed up a bit here, but i toke someone elses advice and its working. The screens plastic needs to be "broken in", im not saying its going to make it so you wont have a problem, but it will continue to get less noticeable.

The only valid complaint in this thread is battery life, and everyone knows about that, thats why a lot of us are waiting on the best extended battery fix. This phone isnt perfect, but i'd be surprised if anyone finds better without lowering their standards a bit
Yes, I bought a phone with the keyboard, but does that mean that I want to slide it open every time I send a message? HELL NO... that takes way too long. If I am sending a full 160-character text, then yeah, I might open it, depending on if I have my other hand free... if not, then I'll bust it out on the SIP.

How is the only valid compaint here the battery life? The speakers are garbage on a lot of these phones, the screen clearly has issues, and the phone gets hot as heck, on top of the battery...

I could deal with the screen (hopefully getting better with use,) but the speakers and heat are things that will never get better with time...

and yeah, I've aligned my screens many many times... the first thing I noticed was that it took nearly twice the pressure that my Touch took with the stylus to even get the + to register my touch...
Old 11-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

I have yet to have any heat issues with either TP I have had.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:33 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
I have yet to have any heat issues with either TP I have had.
Do you mean that your phone doesn't heat up on long phone calls? Mine gets so hot, (all three of them have,) during a long call that it starts to make my ear VERY uncomfortable. I find myself switching ears, because the other one is getting too hot...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro