PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Hoof is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opening a new account and cancelling within 30 days

It might not be the most legit way to get the phone but I was planning on opening a new line and then canceling within the first 30 days and then just activating the phone thought my current line.

I went to bestbuy and the girl told me I would have to return the phone first before they canceled the line. Can anyone confirm this? I ended up having to leave but plan to return later today.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:13 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Opening a new account and cancelling within 30 days

u would have to pay 200 early termination

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
u would have to pay 200 early termination
Even within the first 30 days? I thought there was no penalty as long as you didn't go over.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

they will charge you the whole amount for the phone. Can't be slick like that anymore. they are giving the phone to you at a discount due to you signing a two year contract. Not only will they charge you the 200 cancel fee, they just might charge you the whole amount of the phone. I have seen it happen
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Bummer, thanks for the info guys. Time for plan b, even though it means I have to spend an extra $150 in the long run its worth it.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:23 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof View Post
Bummer, thanks for the info guys. Time for plan b, even though it means I have to spend an extra $150 in the long run its worth it.
Are U trying to get the phone free?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 11-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

call in to retention and complain like hell and they will do something. You might have to call like 10 times but if you show you are really unhappy they will hook you up. I wanted to diamond when it came out and was only in my contract 10 months and I started complaining about my touch. They offered me the diamond at 350. I called back two days later and said that's not good enough and they said ok 250.00.

I then went to best buy and got a touch pro with the 150 discount. Retention made me upgrade eligible when they gave me those offers. I got my touch pro for 250 out the door.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
It might not be the most legit way to get the phone but I was planning on opening a new line and then canceling within the first 30 days and then just activating the phone thought my current line.

I went to bestbuy and the girl told me I would have to return the phone first before they canceled the line. Can anyone confirm this? I ended up having to leave but plan to return later today.
they will not charge $200 for canceling as long as it's in 30 days.but you will pay $579.99 plus tax.just call retentions as previously stated.not bragging but i got an instinct and touch pro for $80 bucks each.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

I don't normally do this, but really? Are you serious? Why would you think that you could keep the phone?
Old 11-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

WOW!!! Just WOW!!! Some people are amazing.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro