PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

82tarheel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: voice command not announcing incoming calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
use phm regedit. when you first open it, it should say my device with a plus. click the plus and four options are available. click the plus by hkey_current_user and follow all the directions from the post you quoted and you are good to go. if you need more help, post back here.
sorry but I still cant find it I got where you pointed me but could not find anything else btw whats the number between 5 & 7
Old 04-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

kristin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel View Post
Mystery solved! I called myself a few times from my landline phone last night. One (or more) of the calls left a TSCCallerID.wav file in place and it works. Reading back through this thread, I see that someone pointed out that the TSCCallerID files are self-generating when you get calls. I just don't get calls that much. The phone part is definitely not my primary use for my TP.
So I'm good to go on the suggested reg fix.

So am I to understand that the fix is to repeatedly call yourself until it works?? I did the registry edits and that didn't work. In the Volatile folder there is no TSCCallerID.wav file. There are only a lot of files that start with XMEInst. What am I missing here?
Old 04-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Smile Re: voice command not announcing incoming calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82tarheel View Post
sorry but I still cant find it I got where you pointed me but could not find anything else btw whats the number between 5 & 7
i didn't see your post, my bad. pm me if you haven't got this figured out yet soldier, i'll walk you thru( like someone did for me)
Old 04-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin View Post
So am I to understand that the fix is to repeatedly call yourself until it works?? I did the registry edits and that didn't work. In the Volatile folder there is no TSCCallerID.wav file. There are only a lot of files that start with XMEInst. What am I missing here?
hold on soldier, i'll try and get better details.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin View Post
Just checking: make sure you have Voice Command set to announce incoming calls in the VC settings (click "phone", "options", "announce incoming calls") as noted earlier in this thread. Otherwise it probably won't generate the wav file.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

kristin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefland View Post
I'm using Yay 4 Juggs image which does not include voice command. I manually installed version MSVC1.6.19214 to device, I don't recommend using storage card. Every manual install I have tried always has a failure message, just click OK, and continue on. After a screen or two it states installation was sucessful. Once installed, I do a soft reset.

First see if Voice Commands even works, run the executable from Start/Programs or FileExplorer manually look for the EXE file named "voicecmd.exe" located in either "\Program Files\MS Voice Command" or sometimes "\Windows".

Once you run it you should get a beep and should have a microphone icon. It will only last for a few seconds, say the world "help". The phone should respond by speaking the name of available help topics. If not, try running it again. Hold the phone about 9 inches from your mouth, no need to try and eat the thing.

If your incoming announcements don't play, it's likely that VC is still working fine. You can test this by looking for this file on your device using FileExplorer.

My Device\Application Data\Volatile\TSCallerID.wav

Double tap the file to play it in Media Player, it should speak out the contents of it (last caller). If this works, then you know Voice Commander is working fine, its the phone not playing it.

As stated before, this registry edit gets announcements to work:

Edit this registry key:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category
Change from VoiceCommand1 to Ring

As originally stated, it works, but sounds level is low. To increase the sound level, I did this edit:

HKCU\Control Panel\Sound Categories\Voice Command1\AttenutationCategory

I set it to 4 which is decent, you can go to 5, but I see no difference going louder. Using 0 or 1 will make it whisper quiet.

If that does not make it louder, then edit:
HKCU\Control Panel\Sound Categories\Ring\AttenutationCategory

Same thing, set to 4 or 5.

I didn't have to make any changes to InitVol registry settings as previous people stated.

Now the phone will speak callers name and phone type (IE, "home"), if my BT headset is enabled then it will spreak it over the headset instead.

I also like it better when "Michelle" talks a little slower, as previously stated that can be changed by editing:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Voices \DefaultTTSRate

Mine defaulted to 5, I dropped it to 1 which is normal/slightly slow talking. I think I might bump it up to 2 at some point.

Yay I finallyh got it working! i just did a Google search for MSVC1.6.19214, downloaded it and installed it to my phone. My phone said there was an error and restarted itself. Then I redid the registry edits and voila! The edits to make it louder did not increase the volume at all and the edit to make it slower didn't work either. But I am going to keep playing around with it and see if I can figure it out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Spint htc touch pro
Carrier: Cricket

clusterbuck is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyce9 View Post
Voice command is not announcing incoming calls, but everything else seems to be working. Anyone else tried voice command?
My wifes diamond has no problem with voice command.
When I first got my phone it worked for a day. I must have changed something but I cant seem to figure it out. One thing I did notice is that some of the setting, for example if you have only your blue tooth ring and not your phone you can answer the call with your phone button or blue tooth button and talk with them using your bluetooth, but if you have both your phone and blue tooth ring and you answer using the phone button then you will not be using the blue tooth until you hit the blue tooth button. Stupid if you ask me
Old 04-20-2009, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

jimnutt is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jimnutt Send a message via MSN to jimnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jimnutt Send a message via Skype™ to jimnutt

What worked best for me is to do the first registry edit (changing VoiceCommand1 to Ring) and skipping the second edit. That gets me a nice clean announcement whereas if I make the second edit as well, the ring and announcement overlap each other.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:08 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Got it to work... but now I have no ringtones. Anyway to get "Michelle" to announce the call once and then go in with ringtone?
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 04-20-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC ThunderBolt!!!
Carrier: Verizon

azbobs is keeping up the good workazbobs is keeping up the good work

Hello 82tarheel,

I have the same issue I do not see the wav as well in My Device\Application Data\Volatile\TSCallerID.wav?

TIA,
azbobs

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro