PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v
Carrier: Sprint

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: voice command not announcing incoming calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
I used the edit to make VC work here, I have a lttle hearing trouble from constuction but I can hear it ok with audio fix thru by BT headset.
This works great with or without BT, if the S2A feature is on your phone, it lowers "Miss Bowtron's" voice... I removed S2A and set her to "9" now, she is the loudest mouth in club, works like a charm...{LOL}
Old 03-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: voice command not announcing incoming calls

I had to set her back to "7", she was too loud for me...{lol}
Old 03-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Re: voice command not announcing incoming calls

[QUOTE=reefland;806140]
If your incoming announcements don't play, it's likely that VC is still working fine. You can test this by looking for this file on your device using FileExplorer.

My Device\Application Data\Volatile\TSCallerID.wav

Double tap the file to play it in Media Player, it should speak out the contents of it (last caller). If this works, then you know Voice Commander is working fine, its the phone not playing it.

Thanks reefland! Your info is excellent. I have an interesting situation though.

My VC works perfectly for everything except incoming call announcements. When I went to My Device\Application Data\Volatile\, there was no TSCallerID.wav file. Just one IEMoPageOver file and a lot of XMEInst01 files. That's probably at least part of the problem.

Any thoughts on how to get a TSCallerID.wav to drop into the folder?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Are u sure you have incoming calls checked in VC settings? I would think that the file would be created if this was set in VC.

Last edited by dallas contractor; 03-29-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Question Re: voice command not announcing incoming calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
Are u sure you have incoming calls checked in VC settings? I would think that the file would be created if this was set in VC.
Yes. All VC options are checked in the VC settings, including incoming calls on the secondary page. I tried deselecting and rechecking the phone options but nothing new showed up in the Volatile folder. Possibly a new unsolvable mystery.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC

brannonz is a n00b
Wink Re: voice command not announcing incoming calls

I was having problems with this reg fix too. Three things that helped:

1) Make sure you have your phone set to announce incoming calls through the phone's speaker if you aren't using bluetooth. That was my first mistake. I had checked it once, but somehow during a reset it got set back to "Bluetooth Only."

2) For some strange reason my phone had an extra slash in the following key:
My Device\Application Data\Volatile\\TSCallerID.wav
I changed it to the following. Not sure if it helped or not (maybe it can recognize double "\"):
My Device\Application Data\Volatile\TSCallerID.wav
3) Make sure you in the Voice Command settings that you don't have it set to announce calls only during free times. Otherwise, if your phone has you scheduled for a meeting or event you won't hear the command come through.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by brannonz; 03-30-2009 at 01:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Mystery solved! I called myself a few times from my landline phone last night. One (or more) of the calls left a TSCCallerID.wav file in place and it works. Reading back through this thread, I see that someone pointed out that the TSCCallerID files are self-generating when you get calls. I just don't get calls that much. The phone part is definitely not my primary use for my TP.
So I'm good to go on the suggested reg fix.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by breribble79 View Post
Where in the voice app does it state incoming calls?
Start -> Settings -> Voice Command; select "Phone", press "Options", select "Announce incoming calls".

The reg hack here works nicely. I have the extra "\" noted above; removing it doesn't help and it always comes back. Like many systems, extra slashes are ignored here, it seems.

I finally figured out how to get the TP to vibrate and announce the incoming call. Set the system volume to "on" (something above vibrate), and then in TF3D settings -> Sound, set "Ring Type" to "vibrate only". That way you don't have to actually have the ringer on to hear the announcements. If you set the TP to vibrate mode, it won't say the name/number.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

82tarheel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
Edit this registry key:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category
Change from VoiceCommand1 to Ring

As originally stated, it works, but sounds level is low. To increase the sound level, I did this edit:

HKCU\Control Panel\Sound Categories\Voice Command1\AttenutationCategory

I set it to 4 which is decent, you can go to 5, but I see no difference going louder. Using 0 or 1 will make it whisper quiet.

If that does not make it louder, then edit:
HKCU\Control Panel\Sound Categories\Ring\AttenutationCategory

Same thing, set to 4 or 5.

I didn't have to make any changes to InitVol registry settings as previous people stated.

Now the phone will speak callers name and phone type (IE, "home"), if my BT headset is enabled then it will spreak it over the headset instead.

I also like it better when "Michelle" talks a little slower, as previously stated that can be changed by editing:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Voices \DefaultTTSRate

Mine defaulted to 5, I dropped it to 1 which is normal/slightly slow talking. I think I might bump it up to 2 at some point.

Thanks a million guy this works like charm, you call the voice lady Michelle, her real name is "Miss Bowtron", I saw her in the club last night with her loud mouth, but looking good, {LOL}, anyway she is too loud on my phone now.... Just about everybody has been trying to figure out to make "Miss Bowtron" voice louder and you came up with the perfect hack to make "Miss Bowtron" too loud, again thanks a million. Oh! By the way, I got her set to "7", that's loud...{LOL}
Want to try this but can't figure out how to get where I need to get. I have PHM RegEdit, TouchCommand & Resco File explorer if someone could give me quick lesson that would be great
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82tarheel View Post
Want to try this but can't figure out how to get where I need to get. I have PHM RegEdit, TouchCommand & Resco File explorer if someone could give me quick lesson that would be great
use phm regedit. when you first open it, it should say my device with a plus. click the plus and four options are available. click the plus by hkey_current_user and follow all the directions from the post you quoted and you are good to go. if you need more help, post back here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro