PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 03:01 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Battery

might be bad but, if i turn off my diamond everytime i charge it ill never use it. LoL
Old 10-15-2008, 03:31 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

that was geared more toward the first charge, or a cycle.. like I said, after I do my training cycle, I get on with my life.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I get on with my life.
....in a maner of speaking. It's hard to get on with life with a cell phone. The freedom I felt one day when my phone broke.................
Old 10-15-2008, 11:18 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

thanx for the tips guys!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

With Lithium-Ions, fully discharging them is actually generally bad for them. When they're new you do want to charge them fully before first use, and you'll get maximum life after the first few full discharge/re-charge cycles, but after that you don't want to get them below 20-30% if you can help it. Constantly draining them fully WILL cut down on their lives. But if you can help it, you also don't want to constantly charge them over and over again. They have a limited number of charge cycles (usually around 500) before they start to lose life. So plugging it in and unplugging it over and over throughout the day cuts into this heavily. That's hard, though, when even syncing the phone charges it, and when the battery life is as bad as it is on these models.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Charging with the power on vs off will not affect the amount of charge put in the battery, only the speed at which it charges.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:20 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
....in a maner of speaking. It's hard to get on with life with a cell phone. The freedom I felt one day when my phone broke.................
the freedom you felt when your phone broke? your the same guy that wants a program that will make phone say a prayer? wtf, you either hate cell phones or use them so much you cant put it down to pray. brake it again, youll be happy.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:05 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
the freedom you felt when your phone broke? your the same guy that wants a program that will make phone say a prayer? wtf, you either hate cell phones or use them so much you cant put it down to pray. brake it again, youll be happy.
LOL now that was funny
Old 10-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

lithium batteries have no memory, so there's no need to do anything extra beside giving it a full charge.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

Palladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Constantly draining them fully WILL cut down on their lives. But if you can help it, you also don't want to constantly charge them over and over again. They have a limited number of charge cycles (usually around 500) before they start to lose life. So plugging it in and unplugging it over and over throughout the day cuts into this heavily. That's hard, though, when even syncing the phone charges it, and when the battery life is as bad as it is on these models.
Actually Li-Ion batteries have circuitry built in to them the protects the battery from discharging too far (if the open cell voltage drops below 2.5 - 3 V the battery will be irreparably damaged).

Li-Ion Batteries also loose 20% capacity per year just sitting around at room temperature so don't buy extra batteries unless your going to use them. This can be decreased by storing at 40-60% charge (or putting them in the freezer) Also after charging, Li-Ion batteries loose about 5% of their charge per month and it is even higher at elevated temperatures

The biggest killer of Li-Ion batteries is temperature, leave your battery in a hot car for a couple of hours and you could permanently decrease your capacity by 50%!

Which gets to charging, It is debatable whether it is better to charge in small increments or to discharge the battery and then recharge. The loss in capacity of the battery (i.e. usable life) is due to the effects of heat caused by charging. Are many smaller temperature excursions (charging cycles) better than fewer larger temperature excursion? The jury is still out on that so do what works best for your usage pattern, but if you notice that the battery gets hot (over 90 F) when charging after a deep discharge cycle, you might consider limiting how many times you do that.

To to minimize charging temperature excursions, I always buy an external charger, pop out the battery and charge outside of the device so that I don't have the thermal resistance of the case to deal with. (A good friend of mine charges his batteries in the freezer, gotta love engineers...)

Sorry for the long post, but there is so much speculation and misinformation out there about these beasts.....
This post has been thanked 12 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro