PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint-PPC6800
Carrier: Sprint

chipsgear is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Name Completion does not work anymore

When I type the person's name in the To: field, I do not get the white drop-down box with the corresponding names. It only works once or twice after I soft-reset the phone.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Name Completion does not work anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsgear View Post
When I type the person's name in the To: field, I do not get the white drop-down box with the corresponding names. It only works once or twice after I soft-reset the phone.
Are you running a Touch Pro or Mogul? The Touch Pro should show a grey bar with a name suggestion at the bottom of the screen, with an option to press left/right to see other suggestions.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Lurker

chipsgear is a n00b
Re: TP Software Issues/Unresolved Issues/Feature Requests

I am running the Touch Pro. I'm sorry that I'm not explaining this well enough. Let's say I want to send an SMS to Ben. So, I click New, and start typing in Ben in the To: field. As I type, I get a list of all of the Ben's that I have in my address book. Then, I can click on the correct contact to receive the text message. Does that make sense?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsgear View Post
I am running the Touch Pro. I'm sorry that I'm not explaining this well enough. Let's say I want to send an SMS to Ben. So, I click New, and start typing in Ben in the To: field. As I type, I get a list of all of the Ben's that I have in my address book. Then, I can click on the correct contact to receive the text message. Does that make sense?
Alright, I understand now. I just tried a few settings and I can't seem to replicate your issue. The only thing that makes the addresses not appear is if you are using T9 mode on the screen keyboard.

Also, are you running the ROM that came with your phone?
Old 09-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Lurker

chipsgear is a n00b

I only use the slide-out keyboard. Stock ROM.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Waxytheboss is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Waxytheboss

For some reason when I am using opera on my pro, it doesn't load images about 65% of the time. Anyone know how to fix this? I just had Sprint send me a new one thinking mine was defective but, this one does it too!!! It is really annoying....
Old 02-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro Pcs

DJ_Mikey24 is a n00b

I am having trouble with EPST on the Touch Pro.

After editing some settings in EPST, I press OK then the little box comes up asking if I want to update these items.

When I press OK to confirm an update, it does not finish updating and just turns off. This problem started happening after i flashed a new ROM (Caulkin's) but I tried re-flashing my Touch Pro with Longhorn and I still get that problem.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Mikey24 View Post

After editing some settings in EPST, I press OK then the little box comes up asking if I want to update these items.

When I press OK to confirm an update, it does not finish updating and just turns off. This problem started happening after i flashed a new ROM (Caulkin's) but I tried re-flashing my Touch Pro with Longhorn and I still get that problem.

Any suggestions?
Have you run the proper carrier customization for your ROM? Sounds like a carrier/phone branding/ROM branding conflict
Old 03-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Metro Pcs

jabkissmya is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Mikey24 View Post

Any suggestions?
had the same issue, flash to mightyrom, you will be able to change items in the epst correctly then.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Lurker

JGatlin is a n00b

Not sure if this is a software or a hardware issue, but sometime over the past day the screen has completely stopped responding to touch inputs on my sprint touch pro running the latest mighty rom release and the shipped verizon (1.03.03V R) radio. Issue was not resolved by a hard reset. Not sure where to go from here, or what language to use when searching the forums for a previous discussion. The keyboard and bottom buttons were working before I hard resetted it, as were the side volume buttons.

Now I'm stuck on the "align screen" screen during the setup. Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro