PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Akshay00 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP Software Issues/Unresolved Issues/Feature Requests

I'm having lots of problems installing programs on my Sprint Touch Pro. I can install some applications but quite a few "Diamond Tweak", ".NET", "Sprint Flip Clock" etc. do not install. I try to run the file from File Explorer. It just says that the install was "unsuccessful". It doesn't even ask if I want to install it on the device memory or the storage card. I've already done a hard reset. Doesn't make any difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Akshay00; 10-30-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Lurker

mrekim is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay00 View Post
I'm having lots of problems installing programs on my Sprint Touch Pro. I can install some applications but quite a few "Diamond Tweak", ".NET", "Sprint Flip Clock" etc. do not install. I try to run the file from File Explorer. It just says that the install was "unsuccessful". It doesn't even ask if I want to install it on the device memory or the storage card. I've already done a hard reset. Doesn't make any difference. Any help would be appreciated.
Try disabling TF3D prior to installing any Manilla tweaking apps (Settings > Today > Items > TouchFLO 3D). I've gotten some installations that worked only after I disabled TF3D.

On another note, I've noticed that there is less notification events that I can assign sounds to (Bluetooth connect/disconnect for one) in the Touch Pro. Is there a program out there that can allow me to set more sound events?
Old 10-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6850

gezs is just getting started

Well I'm recieving 1 out 3 phone calls with my pro. I've gone through multiple tech support personnel. I have 3 bars and can call the pro repeatedly and it'll just never ring through. It goes to voice mail after 2 rings unless I have the phone on. If the pro is on it will ring 5 times then go to voicemail but the pro will never ring.

My first step was to try changing the Slot Cycle index to 1 and then to 0.
The first rep had me re-enter the MSID and MDN and reset. Then sent me to another tech support person.

This one had me do a Profile update (none available - phone response). Then had me pull the battery and asked me to read off the PRL version. Then she said ok it should be fine now. Of course she didn't try to call the phone and just hung up. So I verified it still wasn't working right and called back.

The next rep had me try changing Roaming to Sprint Only, and then proceeded to call me 3 times. Only the 3rd call went through. She then got ahold of a support person that actually sounded like he new something about the phones.

He did an over air reprogram of the phone to change the MSID to a new number and had me do a soft reset. Test call to voicemail recieved the not authorized message. Then had me do a profile update to reprogram the phone. After that he called me back 3 times and it rang through every time.

I've called my phone 20 times in a row now and every single one went through. During the first ring the pro lights up and the ring tone starts as the second ring starts.

I don't know if this was truely a PRO problem or if there was some conflict with my old MSID but I figured I'd document it just incase anyone else has the same issue.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Lurker

FlashGordon is a n00b

I have not been keeping tabs on this thread, but has anyone found the Slide to lock app for the Pro? It's not good to have such a high-tech phone that doesn't have the option to lock the phone without a password. With the Mogul, it allowed you to lock the device without using a pin/password.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
I have not been keeping tabs on this thread, but has anyone found the Slide to lock app for the Pro? It's not good to have such a high-tech phone that doesn't have the option to lock the phone without a password. With the Mogul, it allowed you to lock the device without using a pin/password.
The Diamond Tweak has an option to lock the phone when backlight is off. Seems to work.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman146 View Post
same here whats up with that
yeah the scroll button sucks on the TP
Old 10-31-2008, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

sodde is becoming a great contributor

Anyone know of a way to make the screen stay on for the duration of a call?
I've read something somewhere about this but I don't remember where I saw it!
Old 10-31-2008, 12:31 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodde View Post
Anyone know of a way to make the screen stay on for the duration of a call?
I've read something somewhere about this but I don't remember where I saw it!
In the DiamondTWEAKS app there is the options for sleep during calls. Its one of the frist choices on the list.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

sodde is becoming a great contributor

Does 'sleep' mean that the screen stays on for the call or stay off?
I would have thought it would be 'awake' during calls!

Anyone have experience of this setting?
Old 10-31-2008, 01:05 AM
N00b

joshj84 is a n00b

Again... how does one change the SOFT KEYS?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro