PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pRo
Carrier: SpRinT

kodak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to kodak
Re: Retentions Deal: $130 Shipped

anyone have any tips on how i can get any kind of discount or what i have to have to get a discount. i know for sure i get 75 off as an upgrade
Old 10-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Finally. I got my deal.

I have to say, I am impressed with retentions. They understood my problems and the lady was very helpful. I explained how frustrated I was, and she looked into the Touch Pro. She offered the Diamond, but I asked if it had a hard keyboard [playing dumb]. Then she offered the Touch Pro, I said how much, she said its $299. We talked about how my Mogul is $299 and we talked a bit, and she offered $199, went down to $130. I didn't want to test her kindness any further, and I agreed. She notated my account and I confirmed it was there, and then she said call back when it is released.

I'm very excited. No more waiting for my phone to reboot after my tire blows out on the highway...
For all of you who doubt that Sprint doesn't give you deals anymore...it just shows to go you what you can get through courtesy, etc. Sometimes you have to keep calling until your get a rep who will work with you...sometimes you an get solutions through e-care or you may have to go into a store. I have never been denied anything from Sprint. It may take a while...but I've gotten pretty much everything I've wanted (e.g, free unlimited texts for 4 lines, 15% corporate discount, 15% loyalty discount, reduced costs on new phones, etc.).

Excellent work Saumaun!!!!

late,
Coz
Old 10-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak View Post
anyone have any tips on how i can get any kind of discount or what i have to have to get a discount. i know for sure i get 75 off as an upgrade
Just start calling/emailing Sprint and tell them what you want. Ask them what they can do for you, etc. There are no secrets really...just be polite. If you don't get want you want by calling, fire off an email to e-care. You may have to call multiple times or send multiple emails to finally find a rep who will work with you. You just gotta play the game.

late,
Coz
Old 10-15-2008, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fatlard is a n00b

Wow.. I talked to retentions.

I got an idiot lady.

I am out of contact and currently using a mogul.

I asked to cancel my account because mogul freezing/locking up. Need new phone.
I told her iphone /G1 as my options.

So immediately she said great.. since your phone is 2 years old... .. you can get an instinct.

umm no.. i need a windows mobile phone..

My advice.. wait till Touch Pro is out before calling retentions.
she said.. it (instinct) has it. So I said no way. She said.. yes way. it can do email and open up word documents..

umm. anyhow I need a keyboard.. i tell her.. she said.. it (instinct) has a keyboard.. sigh...

anyhow I said it won't work.

so she said touch... how about that? I siad.. no becuase I need a keyboard..

I said I need a physical keyboard.

so then she offered Moto Q 9c that has a keyboard.
I was like it doe not have a touch screen.. she was pissed... but it has a keyboard... she said I tthought you did not need a touch keyboard.

yes.. but i neeed a keyboard and touch screen.

so I said that won't work.. d you have anything new coming down the pipeline?

we have the diamond? anything else.. no.

1. she is a idiot
2. she needs to be aware of sprint's products

I feel stupier talking to her

Last edited by fatlard; 10-15-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:49 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Just start calling/emailing Sprint and tell them what you want. Ask them what they can do for you, etc. There are no secrets really...just be polite. If you don't get want you want by calling, fire off an email to e-care. You may have to call multiple times or send multiple emails to finally find a rep who will work with you. You just gotta play the game.

late,
Coz
Yes. Its a game, it might take a single call, or hours of calling/emailing or it might even take days upon days to get 'er done,
in the end it all just depends on the rep you get
Old 10-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkfoxworth View Post
What was your exact email and what were the problems with the Mogul that you stated? Also, what did you say to retentions.
You gotta also keep in mind that there are other factors in determining if they will willingly work with you or not. Like how many lines of service you have currently, how long you have been on your current contract as well as how long you have been a customer of sprint along with other factors I am sure I missed. So because it worked for one person that doesn't mean it will work for you. Like I have posted before, in my situation I have been with sprint for 7 going on 8years and when I emailed ecare to complain about both my moguls, they offered to replace both of them at no cost to me what so ever. I didn't ask for a replacememt, I actually ask for a discount on the touch pro and a diamond but they willingly responded saying they will just replacing them. I already have my diamond and now I am just waiting for the pro. Again I don't know exactly what criteria they are looking for when they are looking at your account but what works for me may not work for you.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:56 PM

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlard View Post
Wow.. I talked to retentions.

I got an idiot lady.

I am out of contact and currently using a mogul.

I asked to cancel my account because mogul freezing/locking up. Need new phone.
I told her iphone /G1 as my options.

So immediately she said great.. since your phone is 2 years old... .. you can get an instinct.

umm no.. i need a windows mobile phone..

My advice.. wait till Touch Pro is out before calling retentions.
she said.. it (instinct) has it. So I said no way. She said.. yes way. it can do email and open up word documents..

umm. anyhow I need a keyboard.. i tell her.. she said.. it (instinct) has a keyboard.. sigh...

anyhow I said it won't work.

so she said touch... how about that? I siad.. no becuase I need a keyboard..

I said I need a physical keyboard.

so then she offered Moto Q 9c that has a keyboard.
I was like it doe not have a touch screen.. she was pissed... but it has a keyboard... she said I tthought you did not need a touch keyboard.

yes.. but i neeed a keyboard and touch screen.

so I said that won't work.. d you have anything new coming down the pipeline?

we have the diamond? anything else.. no.

1. she is a idiot
2. she needs to be aware of sprint's products

I feel stupier talking to her
LMAO, I guess it did affect you since you spelt stupider as stupier.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Coz-erator

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
You gotta also keep in mind that there are other factors in determining if they will willingly work with you or not. Like how many lines of service you have currently, how long you have been on your current contract as well as how long you have been a customer of sprint along with other factors I am sure I missed. So because it worked for one person that doesn't mean it will work for you. Like I have posted before, in my situation I have been with sprint for 7 going on 8years and when I emailed ecare to complain about both my moguls, they offered to replace both of them at no cost to me what so ever. I didn't ask for a replacememt, I actually ask for a discount on the touch pro and a diamond but they willingly responded saying they will just replacing them. I already have my diamond and now I am just waiting for the pro. Again I don't know exactly what criteria they are looking for when they are looking at your account but what works for me may not work for you.
Mr. MuffinMan makes some good points. I've been with Sprint for at least 8 years and I'm sure that plays into how they treat you. 2 of my lines (both 700wx) will be out of contract the end of October. I'm not gonna re-up immediately...will try to swing some new deals/phones, etc.

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Mr. MuffinMan makes some good points. I've been with Sprint for at least 8 years and I'm sure that plays into how they treat you. 2 of my lines (both 700wx) will be out of contract the end of October. I'm not gonna re-up immediately...will try to swing some new deals/phones, etc.

late,
Coz
There must be some kind of scale to determine what kind of customer you are, like when I bought my moguls last january I didn't have to send in any rebates and while people where spending $299 with rebates up to $549 without rebates I only paid $199 for each mogul along with a whole lot of freebies added to my account(I didn't even ask) plus my 25% corporate discount on top of that.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Coz-erator

Yeah....length of service, number of lines, paying your bill on time...I'm sure there must be some equation or scale to make that determination.

Any Sprint CS reps want to enlighten us?

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro