PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 08:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro babiii
Carrier: Sprint

jr5416 is keeping up the good workjr5416 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
better then ranting on about criminal activities which the offender should realize to keep his mouth shut about since s/he is participating in it. God, it felt like I was teaching a 12yo how to boost cigarettes from the grocery store. Complete w/ the double-switch off and all. (#1 rule about crime: DON'T BRAG ABOUT IT!!)

Anyways, back to your irregularly scheduled programming.
Lol ur the man u sure shut him the f up,he came in here making a dumb thread about 6 free pros wow ur a badass wait till u get caught .Thanks foe putting that idiot in his place
Old 12-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
Re: still need a TP2 upgrade for FREE?? i have 6 now, this old hustle still works..

???

I don't really know adolecent lingo, I like lynard skynard's Free Bird, and Iron butterfly's In a Gadda da vida. Lynard skynnard's "simple man" is good too.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 12-24-2009, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorious View Post
This official update screws up one's original phone functionality.
Did HTC actually post a bad firmware update after posting a good one? I downloaded and installed the one posted in late September or so, and it's just fine. (Ironically, because I would love to get a Touch Pro 2 for free.)
Old 12-24-2009, 02:14 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
How's it feel to admit to multiple felonies and gross misdemeanors? I hope for your sake, the DA in your jurisdiction doesn't prosecute you for these fradulent activities. If so, expect to spend up to 10 years in the state penitentiary, and/or a fine of up to US$20,000. And that's if you get a "lenient" judge. Or, you would face up to 10+5+1+1, (17 years), plus 20k+10k+5k+5k (US$40,000 fine). (RCW 9A.20.021)

Jesus Christ, the things people admit to on the Intenet now adays blow my mind. (Ever heard of your fifth amenendment rights as provided by the US Constitution? I highly recommend you invoke them regarding ANY AND ALL criminal activity you may participate in. Especially if concerning felonious activities.

RCW 9A.56.050
Theft in the third degree.

(1) A person is guilty of theft in the third degree if he or she commits theft of property or services which (a) does not exceed seven hundred fifty dollars in value, or (b) includes ten or more merchandise pallets, or ten or more beverage crates, or a combination of ten or more merchandise pallets and beverage crates.

(2) Theft in the third degree is a gross misdemeanor.

RCW 9A.72.020

Perjury in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of perjury in the first degree if in any official proceeding he makes a materially false statement which he knows to be false under an oath required or authorized by law.

(2) Knowledge of the materiality of the statement is not an element of this crime, and the actor's mistaken belief that his statement was not material is not a defense to a prosecution under this section.

(3) Perjury in the first degree is a class B felony.

RCW 9A.72.030

Perjury in the second degree.

(1) A person is guilty of perjury in the second degree if, in an examination under oath under the terms of a contract of insurance, or with intent to mislead a public servant in the performance of his or her duty, he or she makes a materially false statement, which he or she knows to be false under an oath required or authorized by law.

(2) Perjury in the second degree is a class C felony.

RCW 9A.72.040

False swearing.

(1) A person is guilty of false swearing if he makes a false statement, which he knows to be false, under an oath required or authorized by law.

(2) False swearing is a gross misdemeanor.
sure ill feild this one, i love a debate, im even skipping everything i missed just to respond to this...

get off it dude... everyone in here is supposed to of downloaded the offical upgrade ROM, the ROM is flawed.. nobodys bricking their devices here.. noone making false claims.. i stated several times, if you goto the store with a geniune issue, they have to do something, fix it or replace it..

as for your lousy attempts at being a lawyer here.. theres no theft, cuz theres no fraud... everyone is experiencing issues because of the ROM download..

perjury- one cant purjur themselves when out of a court of law.. purjury is like contempt of court charges, they can only happen in a court room.. you have to lie under sworn oath to be found guilty of purjury.. ask Barry Bonds and Kwuame Kilpatrick how that works.. this all applies to your false swearing which plainly states under oath as well...

nice try though, you dont hurt my feelings one bit, im playin with free tp2s all day, your looking up laws to post... guess we all have our own ideas on how to pass the time huh..

***and if someone tells me the best way to show you guys the 2and a half minute video i have of 2 of my tp1s going crazy after the ROM update, ill glady provide it... i sent the same video to the tech at the store who gave me his card with an email add on it.. this is after the said they swapped the KB out on both and both diag'd just fine after.. i walked outside, soft reset my phones.. got error codes.. dude told me to get out, literally... i sent him this vid, showing my devices still acting up... they called me and told me to come back in lol... but ill glady show any stupid idiot who thinks im commiting or helping others commit fraud

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 12-24-2009 at 02:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:34 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Yes, but it still ain't right. He may have "mad skillz", but theft is still wrong, as is fradulent activities. I really wouldn't give 2 shits less if he did it for himself, as long as he didn't broadcast an "instruction manual" on how he did it. After all, what would happen if I posted on how to freely activate Win7 Ultimate so it appears as an OEM activation, even though you don't have a legitimate license for the OS? I would get banned is what. Hell, even if I posted a direct link to the source code of MS DOS 6.00, (which I have stored on my HDD), I would probably get banned for that, (or at least a firm warning). Since I can't post stuff I find interesting which is criminal in nature, why should anybody else be able to?

If otherwise, I'll post up the source code to MS-DOS 6.00 to the board for whoever to take for free if that won't piss the mods off. Heck, if the original copyright term was enforced, (14 years), DOS 6.00 would now be public domain Under original copyright law, Even Windows 95 (original aug 95 release), would now be public domain. I also have the source to Win 2000 SP1 also, but I kind of think I would be banned if I were to post that.

1 or 2 Tp2 I could understand, but 6 of them is a flat out scam. So, do I have permission to post Win3.1x, DOS 6.22, and the source to DOS 6.00 without fear of legal ramifications? I have every MS OS ever released since 1981. Hell, if you want Windows 1.02, I have it.

MS should just be glad that I'm not still running my abandonware site. My personal policy was "Unsupported, and at least 2 generations old". If I still had my abandonware site up, I would currently be offering WinXP, and office XP, (and all older versions). Frankly, I think that would be a more sensable copyright law. After all, who really is begging for a copy of Win 2k SP4 Datacenter Server? Pretty much nobody. \

Once upon a time, (6 years ago), I almost got MS and IBM to agree for me to redistribute OS/2 2.1 because they no longer supported it. However, MS backed out because they determined that some current win32 code is present in OS/2 2.1. Apperantly the NT series was based upon it.
Tethering threads... giving away registry entry codes that hide tethering usage diliberately from the carrier.. go fight that battle.. and you cant post your win7 activation stuff and source code junk cuz its protected and copywritten materials.. not even close to the same thing

**if i wouldve labled my thread "my TEP experience" instead, there wouldnt be much of an issue here.. i merely shared my experience, told others if they get the same issue, it can be fixed, and possibly replaced with a TP2 even.. i also merely pointed a link to a document stating TP1s are suppose to be proactively decomissioned basically.. a document on the web since oct 8th on many a websites, including our own PPCG, which is where my link goes**

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 12-24-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

wow, threads like these give this site a bad name.

I wonder if you called and explained to sprint your intentions as you did in post #1 if it would go as well as it has with your "hustle." Stop trying to justify it for yourself.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
wow, threads like these give this site a bad name.
naw, just the op's of threads like this.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

iceturkee is just getting started

my two cents and i finally feel compelled to offer. while i don't think the op did anything illegal or unlawful, i do believe he or she took unfair advantage of a flawed download which should have been removed from the site.

an honorable person, upon learning of the flaw, would have called htc and possibly sprint and reported it in hopes that one or both of the parties would have removed it to prevent others from meeting the same fate.

even if honorable person reported it and neither htc nor sprint did anything to remove, you would have a clear conscience and maybe, a free upgrade. i have no problem with that.

but to intentionally and knowingly do it to get 6 free upgrades doesn't speak very highly of the individual. sorry, i'm not out to win a popularity contest...only offer my honest opinion.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G On The Now Network From Sprint

rydah805 is keeping up the good workrydah805 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Tethering threads... giving away registry entry codes that hide tethering usage diliberately from the carrier.. go fight that battle.. and you cant post your win7 activation stuff and source code junk cuz its protected and copywritten materials.. not even close to the same thing

**if i wouldve labled my thread "my TEP experience" instead, there wouldnt be much of an issue here.. i merely shared my experience, told others if they get the same issue, it can be fixed, and possibly replaced with a TP2 even.. i also merely pointed a link to a document stating TP1s are suppose to be proactively decomissioned basically.. a document on the web since oct 8th on many a websites, including our own PPCG, which is where my link goes**

Nice Way To Give It To eM!
Radio: 2.05.00.06.10

Old 12-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
sure ill feild this one, i love a debate, im even skipping everything i missed just to respond to this...

get off it dude... everyone in here is supposed to of downloaded the offical upgrade ROM, the ROM is flawed.. nobodys bricking their devices here.. noone making false claims.. i stated several times, if you goto the store with a geniune issue, they have to do something, fix it or replace it..

as for your lousy attempts at being a lawyer here.. theres no theft, cuz theres no fraud... everyone is experiencing issues because of the ROM download..

perjury- one cant purjur themselves when out of a court of law.. purjury is like contempt of court charges, they can only happen in a court room.. you have to lie under sworn oath to be found guilty of purjury.. ask Barry Bonds and Kwuame Kilpatrick how that works.. this all applies to your false swearing which plainly states under oath as well...

nice try though, you dont hurt my feelings one bit, im playin with free tp2s all day, your looking up laws to post... guess we all have our own ideas on how to pass the time huh..

***and if someone tells me the best way to show you guys the 2and a half minute video i have of 2 of my tp1s going crazy after the ROM update, ill glady provide it... i sent the same video to the tech at the store who gave me his card with an email add on it.. this is after the said they swapped the KB out on both and both diag'd just fine after.. i walked outside, soft reset my phones.. got error codes.. dude told me to get out, literally... i sent him this vid, showing my devices still acting up... they called me and told me to come back in lol... but ill glady show any stupid idiot who thinks im commiting or helping others commit fraud
See my example a couple posts up about repeatedly hitting yourself in the balls in an attempt to get a MMJ card. and yes, perjury is possible out of court. Read the stipulations of the statutes. A false claim against an insurance policy does fully qualify for prosecution of perjury.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro