PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wont Sync or Be Recognized by USB

im having a problem in which my touch pro will not sync or be recognized by ANY type of usb connection (ie, advanced network functionallity unchecked, disk drive mode) it syncs via bluetooth just fine, and when connected to the computer via usb the dialog box asking which type of connection still pops up and it still charges, but no type of connection will go through, i have tried everything even a hard reset and nothing, then i went up to the sprint store, explained my situation to them and said that ive even done hard resets, they guy had me turn in my phone to him and said that the repair would only take 45mins well 70 passed before i saw my phone again and when i got it back they told me that the reason it wouldnt sync is due to all the 3rd party programs i had installed (only 3rd party program was spb pocket plus) all other installed programs were made by microsoft,sprint and htc. so they did a hard reset and told me it synced their computer fine and that it may be a problem with my computer so got home and it STILL DID NOT WORK!! i even plugged in my axim x51v and it synced without problems,i cant believe i wasted 5 hours of my time and pay an extra $7 for such unprofessional service. they didnt even offer me a new USB cable.
any suggestions?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Wont Sync or Be Recognized by USB

Has it ever synced?
What OS are you running?
Activesync or WMDC?

Sounds like it could be a driver issue. (Especially if you have Vista and using WMDC)

When I first got my Pro I had to DL the latest WMDC in order for the computer to have the drivers needed to recognize the phone.

If you have XP (Activesync) then go into the XP device manager (right click my computer and select properties, then find the device manager button in the tabs) while the phone is connected to the computer.
Look to see if there are any devices with a little yellow indicator next to them. If there are, delete that entry then go to action and scan for new hardware changes. If you have the right drivers they should re-install automatically and you should have no yellow indicators.

If it says it can not find the drivers then search for the touchpro usb drivers on google...Try installing them. If that doesn't fix it then I am stumped.

Hope that helps...
Old 12-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Go to a friend's house and see if it will sync with his computer. If it doesn't, go back to stock ROM and take it back. Make them show you it will sync with their computer or exchange it.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (XV6850)
Carrier: Verizon

phillipdhall is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets
Go to a friend's house and see if it will sync with his computer. If it doesn't, go back to stock ROM and take it back. Make them show you it will sync with their computer or exchange it.
What he said. I had one (VZW version) that must have had a cracked solder joint or something. Even after flash to stock, it would charge via usb just fine, just not commmunicate with any computer, via any cable. Replaced the phone under warranty and all better, just have to convince cust service.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Dorenda is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Dorenda Send a message via MSN to Dorenda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorenda

I had the same issue with one of my other Touch Pro's. All I did was call customer service and they sent me a refurb the next day.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have the same issue with my Touch Pro. I have posted in other sites and appears that alot of Touch Pro users are experiencing the same issue.

Here are what I have read and fixes that worked for some...
1. Install WMD and then uninstall WMD and then install it again- plug in phone.
2. Internet Sharing/PC Connection/USB and connect- supposedly it will add the drivers needed.
3. Some whom have changed keyboards- due to malfunction- seem to forgot to connect or did not connect intact the connections.
4. Settings/connections/usbtopc and uncheck 'Enable advance network functionality'
5. Try different OEM cables- not the mini-USB- but the 11 pin OEM version.
6. Try plugin into different computers.
7. Some report Windows 7 is a no go...some say it works...some having issues with Vista as well.
8. Clean inside the usb connection of your phone with a cloth...dust can prevent it from getting a good connection.
and last but not least....9. A hard reset.

Well, I tried every single one...and not one worked for me. I came with terms that it is a hardware issue- just like the keyboard...the only fix might be getting a new phone.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Excheese is just getting started

Try a different USB cable before you do anything else.

Ex

"Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro