PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

robby1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hard-SPL (Boot Loader) Out for CDMA Touch Pro

What is a Bootloader?

The bootloader is just what the name would suggest, a loader during the boot process. Long story short, it's called from the radio's bootloader once it reaches a certain point and begins to kick off the windows launch process. It checks back to the radio for it's version and is what allows certain key combinations to hard reset your phone or to enter the "bootloader" screen. Once there you can talk to it over a serial or usb link and send basic commands. Nothing you will want to mess with unless you want to learn just for the sake of it (like most technical guys!). One thing it does it flashing the new bootloaders, radios, screen splashes, or roms. Typically from htc is will not flash anything that is not "authenticated" as a official release. But the hard-spl or other spl hacks eliminate this and convince the device it's all ok. Furthermore it checks if the CID of the device (a text string) matches a certain one, and if not might block it. SuperCID is a wild card which unlocks most rom flashes.

Why do I want this?
This gives you the ability to load custom ROMs. Without it, you are limited to the stock ROMs from your carrier and HTC.

How do I get into the Bootloader Mode Screen?
Option 1 - Press and Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons and use the stylus to reset your phone while holding those 2 buttons.

Option 2 - Completely power down your phone (i.e. take out battery). Press and Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the phone powers on in the boot loader screen.

To get out of it, simply use your stylus to reset the device.

Will this Hard Reset my Touch Pro?
No, but it never hurts to backup your data first anyways.

Found this on other site it was not here but i thought people might need it around here so posted it This is not my own written just copy paste but tried and second method worked that's why i am posting this here
Old 12-03-2009, 11:21 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hard-SPL (Boot Loader) Out for CDMA Touch Pro

this has already been posted click here

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro