PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: bbs2
Carrier: verizon

clemsondds is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
brand new touch pro 2 verizon owner...what should I do to it to make it run great?

Ok, so I will admit, I know VERY little about the technical side of phones. Can ya'll help me?? I have seen soo much on here about rom's and such and was wondering if you could advise me as to which I should load to make it run great. I am amazed at all the ways you can personalize the phone but I am a little overwhelmed with all the different tips. I am just wanting a phone that runs smoothly, battery lasts a long time, and loads webpages quickly. So if someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
Old 11-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: brand new touch pro 2 verizon owner...what should I do to it to make it run great

I have a co-worker in the same boat. If I were you, I would get familiar with the stock rom that comes pre-loaded. It honestly isn't bad, best stock rom in years and its pretty fast. If you don't get used to Windows Mobile and HTC TouchFlo/Manila interface before you start tinkering, you will probably get lost. After then, check out the tethering cabs, misc tweak cabs, etc. Try out a few apps. After then, I would slowly work your way into the custom roms.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf
Re: brand new touch pro 2 verizon owner...what should I do to it to make it run great

i agree, besides stock is most stable rite now. just tweek it and customize it to fulliest, u will be happy promise
Old 11-06-2009, 04:24 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

First you need to break it in. The best way to do this is to heat it up so the electronics inside the housing and the housing itself will get acclimated to high heat situations and everything will "seat" properly. The best way to do this is to put your device in your standard microwave oven and heat your device on the high setting for only 15 seconds. This will break in your new device and insure peak performance. Good Luck!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:36 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
First you need to break it in. The best way to do this is to heat it up so the electronics inside the housing and the housing itself will get acclimated to high heat situations and everything will "seat" properly. The best way to do this is to put your device in your standard microwave oven and heat your device on the high setting for only 15 seconds. This will break in your new device and insure peak performance. Good Luck!
Keep fire extinguisher handy.
After the break in process the device needs to cool down.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

joe50000 is a n00b

I'm also a VZW TP2 user, and this was my first WM smartphone.

My recommendation is to stick with the stock rom.

Most custom roms (or "cooked" as they're called here) are not very stable. Some of them randomly crash which requires a soft reset. I've had to do it about once a day. Most of the tweaks in the new roms are mostly on the aesthetic side anyway, and add very little functionality - and most of the new features can be attained with custom cabs.

Also, keep in mind that if you're a subscriber to VZ navigator, it won't work on a custom rom. AFAIK, there isn't a custom cab to install it.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Keep the stock ROM for now, install the tweak cleanup file from the stickies (that makes a BIG difference).

After a few weeks, if you want more flash to Might Mike's awesome ROM (I'm running that & it is 100% stable)

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'd advise also to stick with the stock rom for now until you thouroughly get familiar with it. If you do decide down the road to try a custom rom, I'd have the stock rom saved in a file somewhere to fall back on, in case. It's available in a sticky and good to keep handy.
As others have said this is one very stable verizon stock rom that does what you will need. Don't be in a hurry to swap roms yet.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:01 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsondds View Post
I am just wanting a phone that runs smoothly, battery lasts a long time, and loads webpages quickly.
You just described the stock ROM. lol
Old 11-06-2009, 11:02 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Dude, not cool. A lot of people might be dumb enough to do this.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2