PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 11:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800 (Titan), XV6975 (Imagio)
Carrier: Verizon

KnowFear is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: brand new touch pro 2 verizon owner...what should I do to it to make it run great

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
First you need to break it in. The best way to do this is to heat it up so the electronics inside the housing and the housing itself will get acclimated to high heat situations and everything will "seat" properly. The best way to do this is to put your device in your standard microwave oven and heat your device on the high setting for only 15 seconds. This will break in your new device and insure peak performance. Good Luck!

And you personally guarantee the success and longevity of any and all phones treated in said manner, right?

Old 11-06-2009, 11:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: DroidX

heath2805 is a n00b
Re: brand new touch pro 2 verizon owner...what should I do to it to make it run great

I'd go w/ MightyRom once you get use to windows mobile. First unlock your phone here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252 then read all instructions to download MightyRom here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579 also, there are instructions to fix Verizon mms (picture mail.) This is a very fast and responsive Rom.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe50000 View Post
I'm also a VZW TP2 user, and this was my first WM smartphone.

My recommendation is to stick with the stock rom.

Most custom roms (or "cooked" as they're called here) are not very stable. Some of them randomly crash which requires a soft reset. I've had to do it about once a day. Most of the tweaks in the new roms are mostly on the aesthetic side anyway, and add very little functionality - and most of the new features can be attained with custom cabs.

Also, keep in mind that if you're a subscriber to VZ navigator, it won't work on a custom rom. AFAIK, there isn't a custom cab to install it.
No offense, VZ Navigator isn't that great compared to Garmin, TomTom, and other free ones.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Talking Re: brand new touch pro 2 verizon owner...what should I do to it to make it run great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Dude, not cool. A lot of people might be dumb enough to do this.
Ok Ok lol You're right! Sorry guys! DO NOT MICROWAVE YOUR DEVICE!!! Just Joking around!!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: bbs2
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

clemsondds is a n00b

So do you all agree that I should do the cleanup program? Can anyone explain what that is? Thanks
Old 11-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Definitely recommend the TP2 cleanup. It will add functions and help your device run more efficiently. You can always hard reset and go back to the way it was when you first got it.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: bbs2
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

clemsondds is a n00b

Will I lose anything by doing this cleanup? also is there a stable win 6.5 or is everyone still running the official 6.1? thanks
Old 11-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

No, mainly the cleanup was created to add functions. I suggest like other users that you become more familiar with the stock functions before you flash. Do a lot of reading before you flash a custom rom.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL-> HTC TP-> HTC TP2 =]
Carrier: - Sprint -

ifiwasperfect is a n00b

yes a LOT of reading before you try flashing or tweeking.

stock rom is pretty good.
I mainly unlocked and upgraded(to mike's rom) because
-I wanted windows 6.5
-flashing/backing up roms is pretty easy these days
-show off to my friends who own TP2 (and confused sales reps at the sprint store =] )
-use my sprint with t-mobile
-cool boot screen!! (j.k.)

But in all reality try installing a couple cab files, edit a couple registries, and most importantly GET INVOLVED IN THIS COMMUNITY!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

RonaldReagan is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Sprint/1.0/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

great advice (except for the microwave idea).... this stock rom is great, but still toying with the idea of flashing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2