PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2009, 08:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM7 on Pro2

I`ll ask all chatter about WM7 possible running on Pro2 (Rhodium_W i.e. RHOD400, RHOD500 in particular) to be reserved to this thread.

In case you missed it:
No2Chem has finally gotten his hands on a RHOD400 (Sprint Pro2)

Quote:
On The Touch Pro 2
I got the Touch Pro 2 from Sprint, finally – and can begin working on it. I’ll have a version of the battery driver with FastCharge, Temperature Override and 1% soon, I’ve already disassembled/reassembled it, it’s just awaiting my patches. I’ll probably post a review soon, but the best part of this phone is the screen. If you haven’t seen one, go and look at one. I’d say some of the major cons are the price (on Sprint), the missing tab button and the lack of a flashlight. It is definitely faster according to my reference benchmarks on stock. This will be my target device for a CE6/CE7 BSP as well now.
from Wikipedia

In embedded systems, a Board Support Package (BSP) is implementation specific support code for a given board that conforms to a given operating system. It is commonly built with a bootloader that contains the minimal device support to load the operating system and device drivers for all the devices on the board.

Also;

WM6.x is based on CE5
WM7 is rumored to be based on CE6

Previously, Chasis 1 specs leaked only suggested OMAP, Snapdragon and Tegra would be meet minimum spec to run WM7.

Maybe I`m just reading between the lines, and may be wrong, but this may bring us closer to being able to run WM7.

*NOTE* No2Chem has not confirmed anything yet

irregardless - check out his site: www.nuerom.com and DONATE he's been an invaluable asset to the community, and has already written his own replacement driver to the TP2 battery.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2