PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 01:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: VZW

Zacharybinx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Scratched screen :(

first day I got my tp2 I tried to use the straight talk feature... I went to pick it up and somehow I put a scratch right down the middle of it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to at least make it look a little better? I'm bummed.. I was thinking about getting that ice cream stuff they use for Ipods, but I'm not sure if it'll work out right

any help would be greatly appreciated..

thanks in advance

-Zach
Old 09-18-2009, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

phat78boy is becoming a great contributor
Re: Scratched screen :(

If its not too deep, there is a product called applesauce that would most likely take the scratch out.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:59 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

who cares how cheap vzw sells em when u gotta put an insurance claim in after first day lol...

sorry had to...
Old 09-18-2009, 03:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I noticed what seemed to be like little pits develop in mine today. Not sure what it is, maybe it will clean off. Not noticeble when the screen is on, so no real big deal, except if I decide to return it and wait for something better, and use the Mogul for a while longer.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:06 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

there's several gel-esque scratch removers you can use. just search around and pick one and you should be good to go
Old 09-18-2009, 03:09 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Zacharybinx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat78boy View Post
If its not too deep, there is a product called applesauce that would most likely take the scratch out.
I think thats basically the same stuff as the ice cream stuff... you wouldnt be worried that the plastics are too different than the ipods? I'm just scared haha.. Thanks for the advice
Old 09-18-2009, 03:13 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Zacharybinx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
there's several gel-esque scratch removers you can use. just search around and pick one and you should be good to go
ok, do you have a suggestion? or am I on the right path with applesauce and ice cream?
Old 09-18-2009, 03:20 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i haven't heard anything about either of those but then again i haven't actually used any myself. the first one that caught my attention was Displex http://www.wirelessground.com/saguaki.html and i only found it because i've done business with wirelessground before. i would run some searches on the different brands and see if you can find reviews
Old 09-18-2009, 03:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharybinx View Post
ok, do you have a suggestion? or am I on the right path with applesauce and ice cream?
I'm sure there are videos on youtube of people using different scratch removers.....

Man, I made sure that I didn't take off the plastic off the screen untll I was ready to put a clear protector on it. You learn your lesson when you own enough touchscreen phones and PDAs.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:26 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Zacharybinx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
i haven't heard anything about either of those but then again i haven't actually used any myself. the first one that caught my attention was Displex http://www.wirelessground.com/saguaki.html and i only found it because i've done business with wirelessground before. i would run some searches on the different brands and see if you can find reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCBEEzxumME
the lady in that video says not to use it on touch screens and that its only for displays, but I'm not sure if they mean the non-capacitive touch screens or not.. I really appreciate your help though. I'll defenitely keep searching.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2