PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 PM
5oo
N00b
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

5oo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
htc tp2 battery is weak

i dont know but i guess my battery has to be weak or something has to be wrong with that i read some threads but if i compare my battery and other there is big diffrence;
I sent today few txt msg's then about 10 emails , 30 mins browsing, 1 phone call about 5 min and that's it,,, so my battery is sucks
on 3;10 pm and I had left 2 bars and Btw I have tp2 since Saturday
where can i find total usage of phone?
what should i to do exchange it?
thanks

Last edited by 5oo; 09-15-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

sircas is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: htc tp2 battery is weak

The Battery on my Pro 2 is not as strong as the Pro. 20 minutes of talk, 10 txt and 10-15 minutes of browsing eats about 3 bars on a full charge.

I am going to keep track of the usgage & types of usage for the power drain.

I read that you shoud fully charge only a low battery. Also, do not charge the phone while talking on it.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Rick#2 is keeping up the good workRick#2 is keeping up the good work

I'm loving the battery life on mine. I'd think about getting a different battery if that's really the case with that amount of usage because that is pretty lame.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircas View Post
The Battery on my Pro 2 is not as strong as the Pro. 20 minutes of talk, 10 txt and 10-15 minutes of browsing eats about 3 bars on a full charge.

I am going to keep track of the usgage & types of usage for the power drain.

I read that you shoud fully charge only a low battery. Also, do not charge the phone while talking on it.
These phones use lithium ion batteries, there is no need to let the battery run low on a regular basis, that can cause more harm than good. So basically just keep it charged all the time. Now as far as bad battery performance there could be a number of issues going on with the phone but for the most part the common consensus around here is that the tp2 battery performance is alot better than the tp1

Old 09-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work

What? I just received my phone at 5:00pm I started paying with it.
THen I activated it and it had 2 bars straight from the box. After I activated it I've sent like 10 txt messages, 30 minutes of calls, you tube video, internet browsing..
Playing with it a little more, I ran three times the stuck pixels video because I have like 4 stuck pixels, well you can notice only one.. And I still have 2 bars.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)
Carrier: Telus

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd

Maybe you have a defective phone or something? My battery life outshines my TP by a landslide.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:22 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I remember when I first got my Diamond that a few people had worse battery life than others and the advice was to take it to the store and get a new battery -- which worked. Since there are no TP2s at the store, maybe try calling tech support to see if they will send you one ... worth a shot. Or you could wait until the stores are carrying the phone.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My touch pro 2 has incredible battery life! I've got 2 bars left at 8:20PM, took the phone off the charger at 9 or so this morning. On the Pro, it would have died awhile ago or it would have been put on the charger by now.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I paid $6 delivered each for 3 extra batteries from china, they work perfectly around 3.5 hours of heavy internet use/browsing etc....
Old 09-15-2009, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

My battery seems to do very well. Had wifi on for 3-4 hours this morning after I got my phone as well as using it nearly constantly configuring it and installing stuff. Only had it plugged in for charging for a few minutes as I hooked it up to my computer to copy stuff over onto it and the batter went from ~50% out of the box to probably ~5-10% as I just got the low battery notification shortly before leaving for work. With my 6700, it would have been dead after about 3 hours with a full charge if I was using it the same way.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2