PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To have TEP or not have TEP

Well i had the touch pro and never even knew i did not have tep for about the whole life of the phone.I really thought i had it but somehow it got taken off.Well i had problems with it and each time i called in and when tech support got on the phone i would always tell them it was the phone and not me.

Well after 3 of them i had to take it to a local sprint store and when they seen it was bad and not me they replaced it.So my question is since i never lose my phone is it worth having TEP?

I heard now you pay 7$ a month and if you have to go threw insureion it is like 100$ if it is your fault.

Anyway is eveveyone here on TEP? or like me saving the 7$ a month and keeping the phone in good shape thoughts?
Old 09-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: To have TEP or not have TEP

I baby my phone like it's a newborn buttttttt I still have TEP. Just in case something CRAZY happens, I totally think it's worth it.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

7$ a month plus 100$ if i lose it.If the phone goes bad because of them they still replace it free for a year so it is just like having tep if the phone goes bad in 5 months and not because of me they still replace it.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:32 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

TEP is almost a prereq for high end devices... why take the risk.. 84 bucks a yr is pretty cheap for piece of mind...

thats why their called accidents... noone, well i hope noone, drops their phone on purpose... their not intentionally shattering the screen or getting it water damaged.... ive had TEP for the enitre 9 yrs ive had sprint... i dont think i ever even replaced a phone b4 the mogul, maybe 1 or 2 that the cops took but thats it...

i say Yes, its only 7 a month extra, and then u just know that no matter what happens 100bucks(which u can get sprint or asurion to pay 90% of the time) and its taken care of
Old 09-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
7$ a month plus 100$ if i lose it.If the phone goes bad because of them they still replace it free for a year so it is just like having tep if the phone goes bad in 5 months and not because of me they still replace it.
Man you crazy, you better get it, just like those damn safe auto insurance commercials on tv "justin case". You never know what crazy accidents may occur, there was a thread on here a year or two ago that talked about freak accidents and what not, real funny stuff but if it happens to you it aint all that funny.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Well 7$ a month is 7$ to me LOL when if the phone bad i call sprint and they replace it.I do not like to take advantage of them but 1 time i had a touch pro that was my 3rd one.Well it got so bad that i threw it.Well when the return package came i still put it in there and guess what they never charged me they must have thought it got like that during shipping.

Owell maybe ill break down and put it on there once my 30 days are up
Old 09-14-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

IGGUS is keeping up the good workIGGUS is keeping up the good work

I have never had insurance on a phone and never needed it. The one time I would have used it Verizon replaced it for me. Sure we all try to baby these things, just put it in a pocket by itself, watch after it, be smart. I'm not saying others with some horror stories didn't, just that I've had a WM phone since 2000, palm before that, and my HP Palmtop WinCE1.0 before that, all still working to date. Install SmartPhoneTracker, look out for the thing, and you'll save yourself somenice money every year.

After all, by the time a year passes (manu warranty expires/vzw doesn't want to help you out) the device will be $150. You'd rather do through $8 a month + $90 deductable? Do the math, it doesn't make sense.

So now there's my $.02, let the flaming begin!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I do Agree if you make it for 6 months or more you can go on ebay and get a good used 1 for200$ and heck if you do not lose it you can still sell them on ebay.I see people pay 75$ for phones that do not work for parts.

Also sprint will give you 50$ for it down the road towards a trade in if it works or not.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

I have the $4 ESRP on my line since the phone will be out of standard warranty in a month. Haven't had the need for TEP, so I save myself $3 a month.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

well to me i got enough bills that just protect me LOL but 7$ a month might not seem like a lot but hey with that 7$ times 12 months that is 94$.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2