PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...
Carrier: Sprint

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Get rid of the Cannot Connect Dial:#777 Popup?

For some reason my data connection seems to be much weaker on the TP2 than it was on the TP. I get the "Cannot Connect Dial: #777" pop-up 100 times a day and it's driving me insane. Anyone know how to get rid of that?

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work
Re: Get rid of the Cannot Connect Dial:#777 Popup?

I had this same problem when I first activated the phone. I was able to fix it using online chat at Sprint.com. But, my problem could be different because I had NO data connection. If your data connection is intermittent, it could be a defective phone or a software glitch.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff

The data has always been poor in my building. I just don't want it to pop up and tell me all the time!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Othelious is just getting started

I had the exact same problem, it has to do with their system was overloaded and a little messed up. They released a new phone plan and everything all at once, so phone activations and updates were way behind, and when we activated our phones the last few days, the network didn't get refreshed properly, so we didn't get data properly set on the new device.

Call into tech support, and they should be able to fix you right up. The guy I talked to said there where quite a few people that had this problem, especially ones upgrading from the TP for some reason.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Perhaps you can disable data when your not using it? You can map the end key to do this in settings>buttons>End Key. That's all i got for now.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:47 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1 on this post, that annoys me when im at work...
Old 09-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othelious View Post
I had the exact same problem, it has to do with their system was overloaded and a little messed up. They released a new phone plan and everything all at once, so phone activations and updates were way behind, and when we activated our phones the last few days, the network didn't get refreshed properly, so we didn't get data properly set on the new device.

Call into tech support, and they should be able to fix you right up. The guy I talked to said there where quite a few people that had this problem, especially ones upgrading from the TP for some reason.
Did you have to do a hard reset? They're saying that's how they are telling everyon to fix it...
Old 09-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwampus View Post
Perhaps you can disable data when your not using it? You can map the end key to do this in settings>buttons>End Key. That's all i got for now.
Question: "The air conditioning on my brand new Lexus doesn't work?"

Solution: "Then don't use it."

I appreciate you trying to help, but that's not a solution at all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:00 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavezero View Post
Question: "The air conditioning on my brand new Lexus doesn't work?"

Solution: "Then don't use it."

I appreciate you trying to help, but that's not a solution at all.
i was thinking the same thing, so if ya phone dont work, dont use it...lol classic
Old 09-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Ok, it's fixed. Apparently it's a provisioning issue, and they are having problems sending the provisioning data on their side.

Apparently when I first called up they said even though I was getting sporadic data, they did not show me connected to their system. Re-provisioned a few times, now I'm set!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2