PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

alxab is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro2 falls back from EV-DO to 1x

Got my Sprint TP2 yesterday. Initially shows "EV" on the top bar. As soon as I start the web browser it immediately falls back to 1X. The Internet is slow, speedtest shows only 100-200 kbbs. Same thing happens every time I am trying to do anything data-related, like send-receive mail, etc. No EV-DO for me. My old Mogul was just fine with EV-DO. What could be wrong? Any suggestions to put it back on 3G network?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:21 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch Pro2 falls back from EV-DO to 1x

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxab View Post
Got my Sprint TP2 yesterday. Initially shows "EV" on the top bar. As soon as I start the web browser it immediately falls back to 1X. The Internet is slow, speedtest shows only 100-200 kbbs. Same thing happens every time I am trying to do anything data-related, like send-receive mail, etc. No EV-DO for me. My old Mogul was just fine with EV-DO. What could be wrong? Any suggestions to put it back on 3G network?
Although I do not have this problem when going on line...The phone does go from EV to 1X as soon as I make a voice call...I can't remember if it always did that with my TP...is this normal?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
Although I do not have this problem when going on line...The phone does go from EV to 1X as soon as I make a voice call...I can't remember if it always did that with my TP...is this normal?
Phone calls and text messages -always- go through 1x, never EVDO
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

evilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regularevilecho is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to evilecho

I had this issue for a while and couldn't figure what was up. Tried a number of things but what ended up fixing it was running a PRL update and Profile update under settings.

After running the updates i let the phone sit for about 10 mins, shut it off and turned it back on.

After that everything seemed to work. Hope this helps you
[1x Sprint Touch Diamond][4x Sprint Touch Pro]
[1x Sprint Touch Pro 2]
Only phone ever paid for out of pocket... My first VM4500.....
Now I'm a Sprint Customer for Life!!!!!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:25 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
Phone calls and text messages -always- go through 1x, never EVDO
Thanks...I couldn't remember..
Old 09-11-2009, 02:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

Changing radios gave me this problem at times. Certain radios which didn't work particularly well for my area did this rather often. My most current radio does not do this at all. I now get great coverage from my radio. A PRL Update shouldn't necessarily fix this issue for you, but if it does then leave it alone. Otherwise I would suggest sampling different radios until you fine one that provides the best coverage for your location.
The nice thing about a radio update is that you do not have to Hard reset your device.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
Changing radios gave me this problem at times. Certain radios which didn't work particularly well for my area did this rather often. My most current radio does not do this at all. I now get great coverage from my radio. A PRL Update shouldn't necessarily fix this issue for you, but if it does then leave it alone. Otherwise I would suggest sampling different radios until you fine one that provides the best coverage for your location.
The nice thing about a radio update is that you do not have to Hard reset your device.
Since this is for a TP2, there's no way to change the radio until the unlocker is finished.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

How many EV bars are you getting? Could just be coverage.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxab View Post
I've hacked enough Sprint Touch Pro's to work on Verizon to know that this is a sign that your EVDO is not authenticating properly.

If you do a ##DEBUG# and then go to the HDR menu, does the AN/AAA authentication value say "1 = Authenticated" or does it say a bunch of numbers with dashes in between? If it says the former then disregard what I said. If it says the latter, you need to call Sprint Tech Support and tell them your phone didn't get provisioned correctly and your EVDO session isn't authenticating. They might have to reset your profile.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

FlowingAway is just getting started

Since my problem is similar to this, I'll just post it in this thread. I have been in good EVDO coverage areas (3-4 bars) and be streaming some audio and get a text message which of course kicks it to 1x for a second. But it never switches back to EVDO. To get it to switch back, I have to pause or stop the playback, and terminate the data connection. Then it switches back to EVDO and I can resume listening to the audio. Any ideas?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2