PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
anyone considering using spb mobile shell instead of touch flo 3d on this phone?

Anyone considering using the spb mobile shell instead of touch flo 3d on this phone?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff
Re: anyone considering using spb mobile shell instead of touch flo 3d on this phone?

[QUOTE=otterit;1152247]Anyone considering using the spb mobile shell instead of touch flo 3d on this phone? [/QUOT]

If I can get the custom icons and panels working I will. I downloaded it on my TP1 for the first time and really like the way it works and feels. The music player is a little quirky but other than that it's pretty cool. I just need more customization. I haven't figured out how to add more programs. The ones I want don't show up in the navigation pane.

By the way, there is a MS 3 thread already started for the TP2, plus there is more in the Home Screen thread sticky.

Last edited by Tech Addiction; 09-09-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & MS 3.5
Carrier: Sprint

SKS06460 is keeping up the good workSKS06460 is keeping up the good work
Re: anyone considering using spb mobile shell instead of touch flo 3d on this phone?

Yes, YES, and HELL YES.
I"ve already installed it.
I really like the MS3 interface, better than the touchflo and better than the standard WinMo UI.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work

+1. Heck ya.

I don't think you'd ever go back to TF3D after playing with MobileShell3 (I certainly couldn't!). I don't miss TF3D even a little bit!

MS3 is WinMo's best kept secret...
Old 09-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Yeah, I tried to like the new TF3D when I got it yesterday, but I installed MS3 first thing this morning.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd

MS3 is pretty good but I keep going back to TF3D... it's just eye candy. TF 2.1 does a good job staying out of the WM6.1 UI which makes it that much better.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:34 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Yeah, I tried to like the new TF3D when I got it yesterday, but I installed MS3 first thing this morning.
Yah, I too need MS3 to really enjoy this (any) WM phone anymore. The problem I do have is that MS3 DOES have some problems, with this newest ROM. Specifically the wireless widget (doesn't work with Bluetooth)...and more importantly, the dialer; none of the bottom row or icons work, nor can you launch to contacts...I sur hope SPB fixes these...but I fear it will be until MS3.5 come out...and who knows what will happen with WM6.5...

But I still prefer it, even with these issues, over TF. (and especially with Weatherpanel widget)

Any of you guys have any ideas how to fix these?
Old 09-11-2009, 05:48 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd View Post
MS3 is pretty good but I keep going back to TF3D... it's just eye candy. TF 2.1 does a good job staying out of the WM6.1 UI which makes it that much better.
Gotta agree there...TF3D is definitely just eye candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
Yah, I too need MS3 to really enjoy this (any) WM phone anymore. The problem I do have is that MS3 DOES have some problems, with this newest ROM. Specifically the wireless widget (doesn't work with Bluetooth)...and more importantly, the dialer; none of the bottom row or icons work, nor can you launch to contacts...I sur hope SPB fixes these...but I fear it will be until MS3.5 come out...and who knows what will happen with WM6.5...

But I still prefer it, even with these issues, over TF. (and especially with Weatherpanel widget)

Any of you guys have any ideas how to fix these?
Just replied to your visitor message JZ*. The MS3 / HTC dialer issues are known to SPB. See here. Major flaw IMO but not worth giving up the product for...provided they fix it soon!

Old 09-11-2009, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gpracer1 is keeping up the good workgpracer1 is keeping up the good work

The second I used TFlow I hated it.
Found the spb mobile shell 3.0.1 and I love it. I will never go back.....
Old 09-11-2009, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kevinb13 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to kevinb13

Not to hijack your thread but I had a TP back in May with MS3.0 and put my copy onto my TP2, how do I upgrade to 3.0.1?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2