PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 04:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wow, this phone is a KEEPER, I LOVE IT!!!!

I've only been playing with it for less than 2 hours, doing test runs using WiFi, setting up email, trying the net, etc. I still love the Mogul and it's great features, and will miss the flashlight, the IR, etc., But I also miss my Oldsmobiles in the 1970's with 455 engines, but I can't go back there, life has moved on. This phone is GREAT, unlike some of the new cars I have as compared to the 1970's Olds (they were tough as nail, and better than todays cars in many way, well, except for the gas mileage, the 8-track tapes, etc., but they could smash another car in an accident and drive away lol).

But this phone is so nice I can't believe it. And trust me, I won't be doing any tests for dead pixels lol. If I don't see them in normal use (without starting the camera and covering the lens lol, that one cracked me up), who cares. My screen does happen to be tight when tilted, and I don't have any springiness between the phone halves that the T-Mobile one I tried had. Not that I really care, just reporting for the record. I suspect things might loosen up eventually anyway, but as long as it works, I don't care.

I've had to do some searching on issues, and thanks to all of you for being the trailblazers on the QuickGPS thing, etc. I HAVEN'T activated it yet, but have been playing with it on WiFi. I wanted to be sure it would work for me, and trust me, I'll have some problems you folks will help me figure out yet, and THANKS in advance. Because my business responsibilities are heavy, I was going to wait until the weekend to activate it, and besides, I haven't even activated my replacement Mogul yet to try it out, as I want to save a good Mogul for a backup in case of a breakage, etc., of this phone. (If you haven't seen my other posts, the NEW Mogul I just got had a bad keyboard, so I got another one sent, which arrived yesterday, and I haven't opened the box yet).

Also, it took me a while to realize the backlight was set way down, and to auto-dimming, and how to find the backlight setting. The Setting menus are somewhat different, but I'm getting them figured out. I have been doing all of this without a SD card, so my email (through WiFi) is all in main memory, so I am thinking of doing a Hard Reset, then putting the card in and starting over. I really just wanted to see if I really liked this device, and I sure do. I haven't put the screen protector on yet, and may not bother (remember, I'm the guy who doesn't wash his new cars either lol). I didn't put it on one of my Moguls that lasted 9 months or so, and used the tip of a key early on as a stylus once, and it gouged the screen, but it didn't bother me after I forgot about it 3 minutes later and realized it didn't matter. I never really noticed it again, but I remember the incident. It was only an inch long.

The screen really blows me away. My 50 years old eyes feel 49 again, lol, no, MUCH better than that, more like 30 years old. I can read it so much better, it's hard to explain.

I feel as happy as a retard (and that's usually pretty happy)

Last edited by TheBundo; 09-11-2009 at 04:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: the kind with buttons
Carrier: the one with antennas

biggbabysweetz1 is a n00b
Re: Wow, this phone is a KEEPER, I LOVE IT!!!!

thank you! this makes it easier to justify spending 350 bucks on a phone
Old 09-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

I'm pretty stoked about this thing too, my mogul almost made the final stretch before the TP2 came out, so I've been forced to use a Moto Razr V9 for the last month and it was terrible.

I felt so handicapped, reminded me of the phones I used before my Treo 300.

I played with a buddies TP1 enough that the TP2 is definitely the next level from the mogul and TP1. I normally don't get "excited" about stuff, but damn this thing does everything I want it to and more. It's everything more that I wanted from my mogul. I even considered just hunting down a brand new mogul to replace mine, but I was concerned that I would have one of the many problems that a lot of people had.

Guess I got lucky, bought my Mogul of craigslist, while I did the deal I called into sprint to make sure the phone was kosher. Come to find out when I went to insure it, it was a refurb, an early refurb. I dropped a whole bunch of times, eventually I stopped using a screen protector and made a small gouge that you really couldnt see unles you looked hard for it. Lost the stylissss, also my "Call" and "End" buttons stopped working towards the end. I even took it apart once.

One day, it reset into the bootloaser screen and I couldn't for the life of me get it to startup normal. Finally got the phone working and that was the beginning of the end. A month or two later, the battery ran down completely and got stuck in bootloader screen, tried to fix it the same way I did before, but the battery must've deep cycled for the last time because it would reset in the middle of it trying to install the features. Finally got it to screen calibration and the touch screen didn;t work anymore, so that was the end of that.

I tried to make my mogul run like this phone, but it just didn't have the power. I'm glad this phone works the way it does out of hte box, I may not do anything with it unless there is a huge gain from modifying it in the future.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:12 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Glad you like it Bundo now update your profile.

Last edited by themuffinman; 09-11-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebundo View Post
i feel as happy as a retard (and that's usually pretty happy)
rotflmfao
Old 09-11-2009, 07:30 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

man i feel ya on this post..... I had a sprint tp and loved it, but they were too slow too release the tp2, and since tmobiles was out earlier and since ive been wanting this phone since jan or feb... i had to jump aboard, man was that a great decision....

i will be keeping this one for a while, to me it has everything i loved about my tp1, and none of which i hated (keyboard feeling like it was gonna die, creaking all over, small screen, piss poor battery life, slow laggy os at times).

also i sold my tp1 from sprint to order the tp2, so i was with this ugly old flip phone from 1920s, it was the longest 3 days of my life (not really but it sucked bad). but when i recieved it, i was extremely happy that i made myself suffer for those few days.....

its been 2 weeks since i got it and i still look at it and smile.......

My tp1 on STERIODS
Old 09-11-2009, 07:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kevinb13 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to kevinb13

Couldn't agree more! Had the TP until last June when I decided to try the pre.... For whatever reason I missed WM and this phone is making my WM experience so much better!
Old 09-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Verizon

WildCat is a n00b

Cool review, thanks! I'm probably picking up one in Verizon today or tomorrow but I had a question for the crew.

Im currently using an XV6700 (HTC Apache I think) and I still really like it, Ive customized it and kept it running pretty well but its starting to really feel its age. My concern with the upgrading is that the Touch Pro2 does not have a d-pad, which I really would like or a windows button or buttons for the soft-keys. The soft-keys I can live without, the windows button makes it easier for me when using one handed and the d-pad even more so.

Im not aware of any devices that are essentially going to be the 6700 just modern, or an htc tpro2 with a d-pad, so do you guys know of one or do you think I wont miss them within a day or so? Thanks in advance!
p-
Old 09-11-2009, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I'll tell you about d pad tomorrow
but I rarely use it for my touch pro 1 - because its so friggin messy
Old 09-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

WildCat is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I'll tell you about d pad tomorrow
but I rarely use it for my touch pro 1 - because its so friggin messy
Thanks, the d-pad on the touch pro 1 was the main reason i decided against it. Just diddnt feel right and I felt the responsiveness wasnt there. My main use of the joystick for the 6700 is navigating the interface. Just seems easier to me to keep my hand in one location rather than having to bounce around alot. I do play an occasional game or two but not enough to buy a specific phone for.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2