View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 04:42 AM
TheBundo
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wow, this phone is a KEEPER, I LOVE IT!!!!

I've only been playing with it for less than 2 hours, doing test runs using WiFi, setting up email, trying the net, etc. I still love the Mogul and it's great features, and will miss the flashlight, the IR, etc., But I also miss my Oldsmobiles in the 1970's with 455 engines, but I can't go back there, life has moved on. This phone is GREAT, unlike some of the new cars I have as compared to the 1970's Olds (they were tough as nail, and better than todays cars in many way, well, except for the gas mileage, the 8-track tapes, etc., but they could smash another car in an accident and drive away lol).

But this phone is so nice I can't believe it. And trust me, I won't be doing any tests for dead pixels lol. If I don't see them in normal use (without starting the camera and covering the lens lol, that one cracked me up), who cares. My screen does happen to be tight when tilted, and I don't have any springiness between the phone halves that the T-Mobile one I tried had. Not that I really care, just reporting for the record. I suspect things might loosen up eventually anyway, but as long as it works, I don't care.

I've had to do some searching on issues, and thanks to all of you for being the trailblazers on the QuickGPS thing, etc. I HAVEN'T activated it yet, but have been playing with it on WiFi. I wanted to be sure it would work for me, and trust me, I'll have some problems you folks will help me figure out yet, and THANKS in advance. Because my business responsibilities are heavy, I was going to wait until the weekend to activate it, and besides, I haven't even activated my replacement Mogul yet to try it out, as I want to save a good Mogul for a backup in case of a breakage, etc., of this phone. (If you haven't seen my other posts, the NEW Mogul I just got had a bad keyboard, so I got another one sent, which arrived yesterday, and I haven't opened the box yet).

Also, it took me a while to realize the backlight was set way down, and to auto-dimming, and how to find the backlight setting. The Setting menus are somewhat different, but I'm getting them figured out. I have been doing all of this without a SD card, so my email (through WiFi) is all in main memory, so I am thinking of doing a Hard Reset, then putting the card in and starting over. I really just wanted to see if I really liked this device, and I sure do. I haven't put the screen protector on yet, and may not bother (remember, I'm the guy who doesn't wash his new cars either lol). I didn't put it on one of my Moguls that lasted 9 months or so, and used the tip of a key early on as a stylus once, and it gouged the screen, but it didn't bother me after I forgot about it 3 minutes later and realized it didn't matter. I never really noticed it again, but I remember the incident. It was only an inch long.

The screen really blows me away. My 50 years old eyes feel 49 again, lol, no, MUCH better than that, more like 30 years old. I can read it so much better, it's hard to explain.

I feel as happy as a retard (and that's usually pretty happy)

Last edited by TheBundo; 09-11-2009 at 04:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.