View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 05:16 AM
bobturismo
Regular 'Geeker

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wow, this phone is a KEEPER, I LOVE IT!!!!

I'm pretty stoked about this thing too, my mogul almost made the final stretch before the TP2 came out, so I've been forced to use a Moto Razr V9 for the last month and it was terrible.

I felt so handicapped, reminded me of the phones I used before my Treo 300.

I played with a buddies TP1 enough that the TP2 is definitely the next level from the mogul and TP1. I normally don't get "excited" about stuff, but damn this thing does everything I want it to and more. It's everything more that I wanted from my mogul. I even considered just hunting down a brand new mogul to replace mine, but I was concerned that I would have one of the many problems that a lot of people had.

Guess I got lucky, bought my Mogul of craigslist, while I did the deal I called into sprint to make sure the phone was kosher. Come to find out when I went to insure it, it was a refurb, an early refurb. I dropped a whole bunch of times, eventually I stopped using a screen protector and made a small gouge that you really couldnt see unles you looked hard for it. Lost the stylissss, also my "Call" and "End" buttons stopped working towards the end. I even took it apart once.

One day, it reset into the bootloaser screen and I couldn't for the life of me get it to startup normal. Finally got the phone working and that was the beginning of the end. A month or two later, the battery ran down completely and got stuck in bootloader screen, tried to fix it the same way I did before, but the battery must've deep cycled for the last time because it would reset in the middle of it trying to install the features. Finally got it to screen calibration and the touch screen didn;t work anymore, so that was the end of that.

I tried to make my mogul run like this phone, but it just didn't have the power. I'm glad this phone works the way it does out of hte box, I may not do anything with it unless there is a huge gain from modifying it in the future.