PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!
Carrier: Sprint

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean
Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Hard-spl for tp2 is now up at XDA. link is below! GSM ONLY
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=550131

Last edited by southphillysean; 08-20-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:32 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUELIGHT View Post
(RE: Opera Preload/Push email full fix from XDA)

Can we get a link, cap's, some how point us in the right direction
It's been posted by numerous people within this thread, but here's a shameless plug for my attempt at a compilation / explanation of the fixes that should help...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=157

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Not sure if anyone else was waiting for this, I know I was. With no custom rom to allowing me to run wm6.5's Titanium UI, this is as good as it get for me. Not sure if it will display properly on the Pro2, but I'm gonna find out. I'll post back ltr

http://img11.imageshack.us/i/previewdesign1.jpg/

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/862...enshot1wke.png

Attachment 40113

Here is the link, there are some icons there that you may want to use.

http://community.pointui.com/topic/s...2-make-it-mine

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 09-15-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Block Ads in Opera

To block flash ads in Opera, do the following:

1.) Exit Opera
2.) Unzip the attached urlfilter.ini file (can be edited with notepad) and place in the \windows\Opera9\ folder
3.) Restart Opera

No more flash ads!
Attached Files
File Type: zip urlfilter.zip (7.7 KB, 152 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
You can only truly close Opera via the HTC Task Manager or Opera's Exit function if you disable the Opera Push feature. I'll outline this shortly....

For anyone else that may be confused with all of the 'back and forth' posting regarding 'opera' task manager, closing, and push Internet stuff that's been going on in this thread, here's my attempt at a summary....
  • By default Opera will never appear in the HTC Task Manager by default
  • Also, when you tap the Opera main menu and select Exit and say "OK" to the "Do you want to exit Opera?" prompt, it does not really close Opera
For a resolution to both of these issues read on....

Per izuzu's post here, to add Opera to the HTC Task Manager, and I quote:
  • Go to: HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System
  • There delete Opera9.exe (now it will show in the task manager)
You do NOT need to delete operal.exe from this list as you noted earlier jr.solis.

izuzu also quoted this:
  • Go to: HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\TerminateProcess
  • There, create a DWORD with the name Opera9.exe value "1"
in order to actually be able to use the X to stop Opera instead of simply minimizing it. However, I found this actually makes no difference what so ever. I may be wrong but I've tested and tested, and pressing the X from the HTC Task Manager will close it. However, pressing the X from Opera itself will close it or minimize it depending upon what you have configured within HTC Task Manager's settings under the button tab i.e. End programs by tapping "X" or End programs by tapping and holding "X"

And finally, and most importantly, in order to disable Opera's push Internet feature, per your earlier post here users can use this XDA thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948

And this is actually the only way Opera will close properly, whether you use the X in HTC Task Manager or if you use Opera's own close functionality from its' own menu.

Special Note: If you do enable Opera to appear in the HTC Task Manager but do not install the cab for stopping 'push', closing Opera either way will make it disappear from the HTC Task Manager, but it WILL still be running in the background. Use the Processes tool in SKTools or something similar to prove this for yourself.

The pro to disabling 'push' is you get quite a bit of memory back. The con is that if you are then using the X to close opera each time it will never be running in the background and will take a few seconds to load each time you launch it. Personally I don't use the push, prefer the extra memory, and don't care if it takes a few seconds extra to load up.

Also, soft reset after making any of these changes.

Hope this helps to clarify the multiple Opera posts on these matters in particular.
I'm using Rhodium Settings Tool and all i did was go to Menu>Pushinternet Engine and turned it off. Now whenever i close Opera it actually closes, not just minimize. I tested this many time and every time i got memory back after closing Opera, and after a soft reset i'm starting at anywhere from 41%-44% memory.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCPedia Rhodium Settings Tool.zip (158.0 KB, 805 views) Click for barcode!

"True knowledge exists in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Rick#2 is keeping up the good workRick#2 is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtewps View Post
Before installing a bunch of different TCPMP releases.. can anyone confirm which version is working and stable on the TP2 ? This would be great to add to the first post as well Also, I think the classic word correction should be there. Again, just my $0.02.
I'm using this one and it's working great.
Attached Files
File Type: cab TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03.CAB (2.02 MB, 713 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:12 AM
VIP Member

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by izuzu View Post
I installed the cab and ya it took a while. Afer it finished installing i went the today menu and its not in the list. I uninstalled it and tried it again and still nothing. What am i doing wrong? How can i manually uninstall it and than try again?

I deleted it manually from the programs menu as well and tried installing again, but nothing yet again. Please help
You have to install the cab file below first, i'm guessing you didn't. Install and it first, then the previous cab I uploaded.

Works best if installed to main memory.

Attachment 40216

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 09-15-2009 at 07:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by izuzu View Post
I'm trying to but it keeps saying it's unable to remove pointsense completely.
If your having trouble with the uninstall, try a program like MemMaid. After you get it uninstalled, install the PointUI Home first. Go through the start up and then tnstall the PointSense

Did you backup your phone before you tried the install. If so, restore to the point before you installed the app and start over. If you didn't just use MemMeaid, lessions learned I guess.

I personally use Spb Backup before ever install, just incase.

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pock.../download.html

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 08-23-2009 at 02:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:57 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This thread is feeling a little stagnant over the last few days.

Here are some sweet cabs I've come across in the last little while.
  1. GPS Location - this program will take your UTM co-ordinates and with one button push you can text, email, make a note, or copy to the clipboard. It also automatically adds a google maps link to where you are
  2. HTC Gsensor List - this cab will add more programs to the g-sensor list enabling the built in sensor to work with more apps.
  3. the URLfilter.zip will stop flash ads from loading and potentiall crashing your opera.
  4. Qik - this program lets you stream video form your phone's camera to the internet (I haven't tested it yet, but it sounds really awesome.
  5. PSShutXP - changes the poweroffwarning.exe in windows. So when you long press hte power button you get the option of screen off, soft reset, and power off.
This post has been thanked 36 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd

Here's another tweak - AppUnlock to run unsign apps...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=Chainfire

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2