PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Dirxque2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Another silly question from another new user.... I can't find the answer by searching threads. How do I remove the programs that came pre-installed? I don't want/need some of them and would rather have the space for programs I choose.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

doc_ee is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roldanpinsky View Post
Like most people I just received my TP2 (sprint) and have been reading up on how to change and modify things on it. I am interested in the 6.5 upgrade but is it really safe to do if it's not official? Also, I don't know this tech lingo of kitchen, cab, cook etc...and am confused on how to accomplish any of it. I know how to put files on the storage card and was able to change my theme, but other than that im pretty dissatisfied with how the phone looks. Is there an easy way to make the phone look and work better? Thanks to whomever is willing to help!

then u shood start reading here.. when i first came to hear about this site i went there... read thru it and you'll getit real quik.. now i consider myself a on scale of 1-5 (1-lowest, 5-highest) knowledgeable of cell phones and flashing a 4..

i have had 3 diffrents HTC Touch's now.. Diamond, TP1, and now Tp2.. in my group of friends we all have the same phones.. 10 HTC phones (Touchs's).. and i have flashed and helped flash all our phones and customized them thanks to this site and its community...

start reading that section and you'll get familiar real quik.. and it becomes addicting to flashing and reflashing lol.. after a while i wood just wait for a new rom or update just to flash lol..

This site is awesome and has some good members that will help you or explain what u need to do

GO PPCGEEKS.COM

w00t w00t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirxque2 View Post
Another silly question from another new user.... I can't find the answer by searching threads. How do I remove the programs that came pre-installed? I don't want/need some of them and would rather have the space for programs I choose.

Thanks in advance for the help!
if they are "preinstalled" as in "cooked" in the Rom.. from what i know is that u cant.. i maybe wrong though..

u can always download a "stock/clean rom" and install all apps/programs u want only.. i like Mighty Mikes Rom(very clean,fast,) and then install all apps i want only..

PM me if u nned some help.. if i know or can help i will

Last edited by doc_ee; 11-02-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

tjrmoney is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartjrmoney is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartjrmoney is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have been scouring the forums for days trying to find an Auto Complete and Auto Correct that will work with MightROM 6.5 on a Verizon TP2. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have tried the Classic cabs and the disablext9 cab with no luck. This would be great to get a solid fix on this.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

anybody know the tweak to turn the power button on top of the vzw to shut the screen off?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt 2
Carrier: AT&T

ronflig is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronflig View Post
I have the TILT 2 and have seen the hacks for enabling auto complete for spelling, but they kill the SYM key. Have anyone figured out the proper reg changes to enable autocomplete without giving up other functions?

Anyone have a suggestion?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

ariesq is a n00b

Hey,

Anyone know if it's possible to get the stock slider icons (From Manilla 2.0) on MightyROM?

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:06 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
anybody know the tweak to turn the power button on top of the vzw to shut the screen off?
Yes use shut XP... Its great.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:10 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Heres shut xp
Attached Files
File Type: cab psShutXP.cab (216.3 KB, 116 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i want to completly switch the two buttons without having to use an application
Old 11-05-2009, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: At&t Tilt 2 (Touch Pro 2)
Carrier: At&t

lordvader is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post