PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Restore Manila Start Menu and Unlock - If you have unlocked and deleted the settings tab, or any of the other three originally locked tabs, this will restore them (and they will be unlocked).
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)
Carrier: T-Mobile

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT
Re: Start menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by csa02221862 View Post
Does any one have a cab for the 3/4 column start menu? T-Mobile gives you the standard single text drop down list. Who knows why.......

Thanks,
Rich
XDA-developers: [APP][VGA][CAB]Menu Start WM 6.5 3/4/5 Columns By MuttiM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=535725

PPCGeeks: APP][VGA][CAB]Menu Start WM 6.5 3/4/5/and now 6!!! Columns By MuttiM
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74604

I THINK YOUR RIGHT SORRY,

HOPE THIS HELPS,

Last edited by TRUELIGHT; 08-19-2009 at 11:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:42 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Re: Start menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUELIGHT View Post
XDA-developers: [APP][VGA][CAB]Menu Start WM 6.5 3/4/5 Columns By MuttiM
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=535725

PPCGeeks: APP][VGA][CAB]Menu Start WM 6.5 3/4/5/and now 6!!! Columns By MuttiM
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74604

HOPE THIS HELPS,
These are for WM6.5 and not 6.1. I think what the OP is saying is that on most of the TP2's when you press the Start menu, a TF style screen appears with a list of the programs and + icons to add more programs. Unfortnately the OP is seeing a traditiional WM6.1 style start menu appear instead.

There is another thread about this in the TP2 forum, and it looks like it's the TMobile TP2's that are configured this way.

Pic to the left is what he would like....to the right is what he is getting now....

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-19-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:31 PM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Remove BT Device Volume Notification

This was referenced in another thread here and originally found over at XDA regarding issues with the phone popping up warnings that the end-user must adjust their volume using the BT device instead of the phone:

Remove Bluetooth Device Volume Notification

I changed the registry key to remove the erroneous space in it, and cab'ed it up. I also changed the description to "BT Volume Warning" so it is a little more explanatory when you view it in the Sounds & Notifications screen.

Thanks must go to leanne for the original XDA find.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Remove BT Device Volume Notification.cab (440 Bytes, 441 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by CovKid66; 09-23-2009 at 11:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Telus)
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

jr.solis is keeping up the good workjr.solis is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
You'd actually think that this 'exits' Opera completely but it does not. You don't see it listed in the Task Manager because by default Task Manager is configured to hide Opera from the list at ALL times...whether it's running or whether you've used Opera's EXIT option. Uising your method simply closes Opera but it is still running in the background.

The previously posted fix to add it to the HTC Task Manager allows you to a) see it in Task Manager now, and b) actually kill it as a running process properly.

Thanks CovKid66, You won me in respond that...

I try this too.

/HKCU/SOFTWARE/HTC/TaskManager/ExclusiveList/System/

and delete opera9.exe and operaL.exe

but it doesn't work. only killing the process You can do that modifications.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.solis View Post
Thanks CovKid66, You won me in respond that...

I try this too.

/HKCU/SOFTWARE/HTC/TaskManager/ExclusiveList/System/

and delete opera9.exe and operaL.exe

but it doesn't work. only killing the process You can do that modifications.
You can only truly close Opera via the HTC Task Manager or Opera's Exit function if you disable the Opera Push feature. I'll outline this shortly....

For anyone else that may be confused with all of the 'back and forth' posting regarding 'opera' task manager, closing, and push Internet stuff that's been going on in this thread, here's my attempt at a summary....
  • By default Opera will never appear in the HTC Task Manager by default
  • Also, when you tap the Opera main menu and select Exit and say "OK" to the "Do you want to exit Opera?" prompt, it does not really close Opera
For a resolution to both of these issues read on....

Per izuzu's post here, to add Opera to the HTC Task Manager, and I quote:
  • Go to: HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System
  • There delete Opera9.exe (now it will show in the task manager)
You do NOT need to delete operal.exe from this list as you noted earlier jr.solis.

izuzu also quoted this:
  • Go to: HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\TerminateProcess
  • There, create a DWORD with the name Opera9.exe value "1"
in order to actually be able to use the X to stop Opera instead of simply minimizing it. However, I found this actually makes no difference what so ever. I may be wrong but I've tested and tested, and pressing the X from the HTC Task Manager will close it. However, pressing the X from Opera itself will close it or minimize it depending upon what you have configured within HTC Task Manager's settings under the button tab i.e. End programs by tapping "X" or End programs by tapping and holding "X"

And finally, and most importantly, in order to disable Opera's push Internet feature, per your earlier post here users can use this XDA thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948

And this is actually the only way Opera will close properly, whether you use the X in HTC Task Manager or if you use Opera's own close functionality from its' own menu.

Special Note: If you do enable Opera to appear in the HTC Task Manager but do not install the cab for stopping 'push', closing Opera either way will make it disappear from the HTC Task Manager, but it WILL still be running in the background. Use the Processes tool in SKTools or something similar to prove this for yourself.

The pro to disabling 'push' is you get quite a bit of memory back. The con is that if you are then using the X to close opera each time it will never be running in the background and will take a few seconds to load each time you launch it. Personally I don't use the push, prefer the extra memory, and don't care if it takes a few seconds extra to load up.

Also, soft reset after making any of these changes.

Hope this helps to clarify the multiple Opera posts on these matters in particular.

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-19-2009 at 05:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 19 times.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by roykarpiuk View Post
Does anyone know how to delete single calls from the call history. I just have the option to clear all the calls, but no single calls.
check over at xda or google fabliv call history tf3d cab. once you install it use the hard keyboard to highlight the number you want gone then hit menu then delete

Attachment 39986

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 09-15-2009 at 07:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: TELUS

slaman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtewps View Post
I also wanted to comment on the functionality of hyper links in the Opera browser. It is from my experience that the links only become "clickable" when there is some kind of zoom enabled (doesnt matter how much). When the page is not zoomed at all, the links are selectable (they even change color) however they just don't activate. Simply double tap the link instead which instantly zooms into the link, and then single tap.

Small price to pay rather than upgrading and not having the zoom slide or scolling enabled... My $0.02
I think the link issue is a lot better with Opera Mobile 9.7b1... and I managed to get the scroll bar working to scroll down the page instead of zoom... I know it's a registry setting that sets the "mode" of the scroll bar linkage, but I can't figure it out.

By the way, the registry entry I found enables the scroll bar for any executable!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=15
Old 08-20-2009, 03:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

redz1234 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to redz1234 Send a message via MSN to redz1234 Send a message via Yahoo to redz1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post

Thanks for the summary. I disabled push inet via the .cab file on XDA and removed the reg entry as mentioned by izuzu.
* Go to: HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System
* There delete Opera9.exe (now it will show in the task manager)

- ReDz

PPC History >> Axim X5, Axim X3, Axim X3i, PPC6700, HTC Titan, HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 08-20-2009, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 > Touch > Diamond > TP > TP2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

shtewps is keeping up the good workshtewps is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by roykarpiuk View Post
Does anyone know how to delete single calls from the call history. I just have the option to clear all the calls, but no single calls.
Figured this out today.. click on 'Call History' and find the call you want removed. Then click on the Icon to the far right of that entry (looks like a contact card and a phone) Here, as before, you can see the call times and have the option to delete by clicking Menu > Delete

Now, this will remove all calls from a specific caller, however it's not as bad as deleting your entire call history. I can live with that.

Hope this helped! Thank me if it did

Last edited by shtewps; 08-20-2009 at 10:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 12 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2