PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 02:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

dethman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
seeya tp2

well it's been 14 months since i started struggling with this laggy, underpowered, poorly built piece of junk phone, when the screen finally decided to die today. sprint of course wouldn't do anything, as they saw some red on the water thing and said 'water damage, you must have submerged it, nothing we can do' and dismissed it right away. though of course the phone has been nowhere near any water.

thanks to everyone around here who's programs and roms tried to make this phone better, though in the end, it's really just the worst phone i've ever used. shame on you sprint, shame on you HTC, for releasing a phone that makes me wait 15 seconds to edit a contact or send a text message. one that freezes every other time i turn it on. one with piss poor battery life though given how slow it is and how poor the screen is i can't imagine what's actually using the battery.

bought an epic, it's so nice to have a phone that actually responds when you touch a button. though the battery life still stinks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: seeya tp2

hmm been registered for 15 months and only 3 posts? there's so many things I can say about all this but dont even know where to begin but whatever helps u sleep at night.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2
Carrier: Verizon

three west is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to three west

seeya

TP2 is the best phone I've had yet, I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm going to replace it with that will measure up
Old 06-25-2011, 08:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gjhuff is just getting started
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I remember thinking the TP2 was a little buggy right out of the box. But this site and others helped me spruce it up and make it the most useful phone I've ever had.

I guess that is why some users have taken to the Arrive - it apparently is snappy out of the box. Too bad it doesn't do some of the things I find very useful on the TP2. And, MS has taken the fun out by forcing the use of Zune and preventing customization. I'm not trying to start a flame war - if you like the Arrive, good for you. But I'll take another look after Mango comes out.

I considered the Epic, but Sprint was going to up my plan costs so much, I decided to stay with what works for me for a while longer. I'm not willing to pay an additional $ 40 per month ($10 smart phone fee + $ 10 per family phone more on everything data plan) with nothing useful added to show for it. Maybe when 4G is more universal, although many have stated it's not that much better than 3G.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:48 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by three west View Post
seeya

TP2 is the best phone I've had yet, I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm going to replace it with that will measure up
lol, well i still have a tp2 and still like it but almost anything new is better just because of technology.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
lol, well i still have a tp2 and still like it but almost anything new is better just because of technology.
Yea, I feel this way now. I had the TP2 for almost 2 years. Loved it. But it had been getting really temperamental over the last several months with a couple crashes, requiring rebuilds. With WinMo 6x being about dead and the complete lack of any apps these days, it was time to move on.

I went with the EVO 3D and am not looking back. It's great to have a phone that responds and it's also nice to use a phone that developers(app) are supporting again. Android is a little wierd getting used to, but I'm a happy camper now.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
+1 Darren. I am still using this little guy and it does all that I ask of it. Then again, I still use this Apache and Titan as well. I guess I am a fan of vintage devices!!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:30 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

still rock my vogue also tinkerbell.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
still rock my vogue also tinkerbell.
That is awesome Darren!! Vogue!!! (I love this magazine... maybe I better get a hold of this phone too!! Woo!! =])

Old 06-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
+1 Darren. I am still using this little guy and it does all that I ask of it. Then again, I still use this Apache and Titan as well. I guess I am a fan of vintage devices!!

wow I saw 2 people the bus with those phones back in January. it was a man and his wife, they must've bought those phones and then never upgraded.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2